Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 11 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Better late than never 

5 miles (800') with DW and Tiny Elvis; we got started a little later than I wanted to, but the boss had a few chores lined out for me- luckily it clouded up and wasn't too bad

qotd: any injuries/niggles/etc?  I've seemed to address my left hamstring issue thus far by lightening up the weight lifting; I do have two toenails that I give 90%+ chance of losing after the Bob Marshall Open- fortunately they don't hurt much, but I think they're adios

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

SRD for me. Still gray and foggy, but it sure beats the high temps and smoke elsewhere. Our highs have been 61-62 degrees. Great for running. 

QOTD: I don’t want to jinx myself, but I don’t have any complaints at the moment.  Even my toenails look decent. Clearly I’m not trying hard enough.  

Ok, here’s something: my ribs are still a little sore from wiping out on the trail on Saturday.  Sneezing hurts like a mofo.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

SRD, although I always feel like I should be doing something.

QOTD:  My knees have been bothering me, which usually means my shoes are getting up there in mileage, so I used my credit at Road Runner Sports and ordered a new pair of road shoes.  Saturday, I ran in a pair of Brooks Cascades which have a lower heel drop than I'm used to and no stability shoe, which I'm not used to, and now my right knee is feeling very hinky.  Coincidence?  I don't know, but I'm not gonna push the envelope.  If it's under 90 days since I bought them, I can return them.

Gatsby - Hope your ribs feel better soon and you don't sneeze too much in the meantime.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

rest day here. Nothing exciting except a dog walk this morning and maybe yoga later. I'm feeling run down today so taking it easy.

qotd:  Nothing (fingers crossed). But that said, I haven't been running hard lately so.... Though I did trip and fall on my front walk the other day. Pretty embarassing but a good reminder that I've been slacking on the balance and ankle strengthening lately

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Haven't been posting much because my running has been blah.  Smoke, heat, and today a heavy rain haven't helped, though we do need the rain.

qotd: my a-fib has been a factor for the last few months. My cardiologist made some adjustments to my pacemaker, but the improvement seems to be marginal.  I'll have another appointment after I return from Milwaukee and my 12-hour at Six Days in the Dome on Friday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Managed to drag my left foot around for 5.5 on Sat and 11.5 on Sun. Trying to climb hills was not real fun and probably not the right approach to promote healing. Oh well. Also got in some good mt. biking. Today was a long day at my part time job so I'm feeling pretty beat. Maybe just a quick weight workout and some bourbon.

Fattozzig--If you meant the Brooks Cascadia I believe that has a 8mm drop which these days is on the upper end and what I prefer. I know shoes feel different to everyone but I like the Cascadia. Put some Superfeet insoles in there for a little more control. Just my unsolicited opinion. 

QOTD--well besides it feels like I'm always tired only thing I'm dealing with is a left foot PF issue. Injuries just do seem to suck the life out of ones self.

Put some Superfeet insoles in there for a little more control. Just my unsolicited opinion. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I hadn't thought of that.  I have until July 4 to return them, so I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

No run today.  I’m officially on injured reserve.  Although it’s feeling a little better my left knee is still hurting.  I made an appointment with the Ortho, but it’s not until 2+ weeks, I hope it’ll be better by then. I’m doing a little light self-PT from Google so we’ll see.

qotd: see above.

tbd.