Trailer Trash

There Goes Thursday (Read 12 times)

6.30 predawn miles this morning.  The strained spot on the inside of my ankle started knocking at the door again, so I cut the run short and did a lot more walking.  Plan to stay off it as much as possible 'til Saturday, which will be my last LR before my FA 50k on Nov. 13.  I wasn't able to do my LR last weekend, so I need to do this one.

QOTD: What's your favorite nut?  I love almonds and use them when I make my granola, but I got a really great deal on pistachios (which are usually hyper expensive) at the local Grocery Outlet and loaded up on 'em.  I have enough to last me a few months. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Pain is my friend

9.2 miles on a kind of muddy trail was great to get out with friends at 4:30 am. First mid week trail run since the 100 miler.

QOTD: I love cashews. Oh and chocolate covered almonds.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night out at the lake. A touch of fall from a cold front. Temps still in the 60's but NW breezy winds. White caps on the lake which is rare. Typical average plod. Neither good nor bad, but I am sure the dog felt it was great. He crapped off trail 3 times!

Not sure of run today. Local trail maybe? I bit blah feeling from Covid booster yesterday. Just mile headache and such. Must be the chip zooming into my brain.

QOTD: Pistachios. Then almonds. There is something to be said though about eating peanuts from a salty shell. I always crunch the shell to split it and get at the nuts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

5 mile walk run. Had 3rd vaccine (I'm immunosuppressive from my steroids treatment, so not a booster) Tues evening and felt a bit cranky in the joints. 3 hours later all was well.

QOTD: Blue Diamond has Wasabi Almonds and that's my new favorite. We get a nut mix that has no peanuts, just cashews, walnuts and almonds.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

5 miles for me today too.  Looks like that's what all the cool kids are doing.  

QOTD: Cashews.  Followed by almonds encased in a Hershey's chocolate bar.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3.2 mile brisk walk. I never claimed to be cool.

QOTD:  Probably cashews, though I like a lot of different kinds of nuts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I barely remember what I ran on Thursday. I got pretty busy yesterday, which shouldn't be happening this late in the year. I think I ran 3.5 miles.

QOTD: I guess almonds, but I like pecans, too.

LB2