Trailer Trash

Twisted Tuesday (Read 14 times)

Why Twisted?  I have no idea.  It's only "T" word I could come up with. 

6 chilly predawn miles.  I'm really ready for it to not be so cold in the mornings.  I end up blowing so many snot rockets while running, it's ridiculous.  Having a chronic runny nose doesn't help the situation.  Regardless, I got 'em done.

The heater in our office building quit working.  I actually dressed nice yesterday (skirt instead of jeans) and froze my butt off even though I have a space heater and it was on high all day.  One of the partners got here early this a.m. and went around and turned on all the space heaters in people's offices (if they have one).  It's still frigging cold.  Thankfully, a repairman is supposed to be coming tomorrow.  'Til then, I may need to keep running hot water over my fingers to make them work.

QOTD: Do you take any supplements to help in your recovery?  I started taking collagen a couple of years ago and last week started on turmeric curcumin w/piperine (black pepper extract) to see if that helps, as well.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Back home in MD. Nice to be home, and it's sunny outside! Chowder and I got in a morning 2 miles dogwalking, and I'll get in a 5 miler with the brewery group tonight. Chowder is officially out of isolation today from canine flu so he'll likely go too (there are other dogs that run with the group).

qotd: No, but I was reading up yesterday on turmeric and was thinking of taking it to see if it might help with the eczema flare ups I've been having (prob inflammation based). I don't think I run enough to need 'recovery' aids 

Sandy-2

I took a SRD yesterday.  Today I got up and did 5 mi before the wind, rain and thunderstorms hit. It's already raining like hell and it's supposed to be really cruddy the rest of the day. We have a tornado warning at the moment.

Gatsby: uuuugh, hope everything is ok out there.

fatozzig: You're a great influence on your DH, he's lucky.  I know because my DW also gave me a similar ultimatum way back before we were married, fortunately I listened. I didn't hit a rock bottom or anything close to it, but my DW "nipped it in the bud" as they say.

qotd: No supplements, but I do make sure I eat something with protein in it like yogurt, protein bar, burger, etc. soon after long runs to recover.  Plus I drink some HEED or PowerAde afterwards to recharge electrolytes.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

7 miles....yep that is a long run for me.  Jack and I also walked 3.

qotd:  I do not take supplements but take vitamin D and lions mane in the hood that I do not lose my mind as I age.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Ran 5 miles this morning. It was a pretty nice run. The Asics have come around. Maybe they got jealous after the new Hoka's showed up. Either way, I think either shoe is going to work for me. I will probably run the 100 miler in the Asics. I'll bring the Hoka's just in case. I have only changed shoes once in a long run like that, and I don't think that made a difference either way.

QOTD: I'll try to do something with CBD after a long run. Other than that, I just try to eat a balanced diet.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Gatsby: uuuugh, hope everything is ok out there.

Yup, I too thought of Gatsby right away. This stuff is getting real tiresome....

Where I'm at I just keep getting the weather Sandy and LB send. Our nasty stuff will be moving late tonight. Don't tornados have a preference for campers and trailers? Anyway I went mt. biking today, 14 miles of roots and sand. It was great. I also realized that if I hit my beach at low tide it exposes some hard sand that I can just run forever. Might try to talk DW into picking me up 10 miles or so down the coast tomorrow.

QOTD--no supplements for recovery but I take supplements for my aging and aching body. I have spinal stenosis and at times my quads and hamstrings have excruciating pain. Turmeric is one supplement that helps somewhat. Have a prescription for cymbalta which works amazing for that and my back pain. Just had to work thru some side effects. Also take glucosamine(sp).

XtremeTaper

Took the day off from running yesterday as even when the rain stopped it felt raw and bitter. Such a slacker. Today, had time for a lunchtime run and it was a pleasant 5 mile loop out at the lake under sunny skies and on muddy trails. There was a bit of a cold wind but with temps in the 40's not too bad. We saw our friend Ash the GSP. He is almost always out there at lunchtime.

QOTD: Nothing now, but I took some liquid glucosamine supplement once. Back around 2018/2019. The stuff was doing wonders at the time for my creaky knees, but after 6 weeks I had some strange side effects from some additive in the product. I was all dizzy and whacked and went to the ER in a panic attack. I didn't link it to the product until a few days later when the same thing happened. Stopped that stuff and the symptoms went away, but my creaky knees came back.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

QOTD: I'll try to do something with CBD after a long run. Other than that, I just try to eat a balanced diet.

We, of course, have a lot of places around here that sell CBD products.  Do you find them helpful?

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Weird and sad times in HMB, where 7 farmworkers were killed in a mass shooting yesterday afternoon.  Sites were 4 and 5 miles from my house.  Gunman was another farmworker, apparently, and he turned himself in.  No word yet about motive.  Did not directly affect us or anyone that I know, other than to show that that this lovely area on the coast side is not exempt from the woes of the rest of the country.  The fact that it seems more akin to a domestic dispute than a random shooting helps a little.  Weird that it's the second mass shooting in CA where the shooter was an older asian male.

Fatozzig, glad that you and your DH weathered the storm and have been in a good place since he got sober.

XT, scary about the side effects from that supplement.  It's essentially an unregulated market so supplement makers can put all sorts of crap in their products.  Hard to know what brands to trust.  I haven't had any issues, but I also haven't done any research on the manufacturers or what they put into the supplements that I take.

SRD yesterday, 6 easy miles after work.

QOTD: I take a multivitamin and Vitamin C/D/zinc complex daily, and glucosamine and MSM a few times a week.  I feel good, with no injuries or issues.  Do the supplements help with recovery, is it placebo effect, or am I just an awesome specimen of humanity?  Hard to say.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Do the supplements help with recovery, is it placebo effect, or am I just an awesome specimen of humanity?  Hard to say.  

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance