Trailer Trash

Everybody’s Working for the Weekend(er) (Read 13 times)

With apologies to Loverboy. 

Easy 3.7 miles this morning. A little creaky after a week off but no surprise there. 

QOTD: we’re well into December. Any goals that you’re hoping to achieve by the end of the year?  Odds of achieving said goals?

My mileage is currently at 1980. Possible that I’ll make it to 2200, but I’d need to pick things up a bit.  MTD: just did the math, doubtful that I’ll average 6 miles a day for the rest of the year…

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Got in 6 this morning with the group. A little on the warm and muggy side here, but it'll change. Still debating whether I'm going to show up for the fun run 10k tomorrow. Entry is a loaf of homebaked bread so I better decide soon.

qotd: No. not even mileage. It was a matter of running a streak (short one) earlier this year and now I've turned into a hobby jogger. I'm signed up for a marathon next June so I know this laid back running schedule has a deadline.

Nuthin' for me yesterday or today.  Thursday after work I got my 2nd Shingrix shot and it just about did me in.  I went to work yesterday about 4 hrs and felt like crap the whole time.  I think I'm still recovering today as I still feel "off," so I'll get miles in tomorrow.  Plus, it's raining pretty good here now and the rain is supposed to be less tomorrow.

Friday QOTD: What's a date?   We don't go out hardly ever basically never, but we do like to cruise the grocery stores, so we call those times a date.

Saturday QOTD: No goals except to enjoy myself before I have to start getting serious about my May race.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with DW and TE on the trails this afternoon.  My Grizzlies lost last night, so their season has come to end.  Good season, but no National Championship title this year, maybe next Smile

I'm cooking up some Cincinnati chili and we're going to root for our cross state rivals the Bobcats, they play the number 1 seed this evening (and National Champs from last year) so it's going to be a tough game.

qotw: I had a goal of 1700 miles, I'm at 1800-ish miles and this year set a goal of 250,000' of gain.  I had never kept track of elevation before so it was a wild guess/goal- I'm over 400,000' so got that one too.  I won't keep track of elevation next year as it's a pain and am going to try for 2022 miles- I'll be retired, so should be able to rack a few more miles than this year.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I slept in this morning, but then met the running group for coffee. I ran 15 mi afterwards. A pretty good run since it cooled off to about 55 deg. 

qotd: no real goals, although I had a 2100 total, I think I’m on track for that.  Also want to get through the 24 hour AR having lots of fun next weekend.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles on the trail this morning with Tiny Elvis; strength train this afternoon

The Grizzlies got knocked out Friday night, but the Bobcats stunned number 1 (and defending National Champs) Sam Houston- go Bobcats!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

7 miles in between rain storms - sort of.  I rained pretty decent for the first 15-20 min of my run, enough that it was dripping off my hat brim, but it finally stopped.  All in all, a nice EZ run.  Thought I would've had at least 1 mile in the 10:00-10:59 m/m range, but nope.  Best was 11:15.  Dang it.  Just gotta keep plugging away.  I'm doing better at keeping a pace that sustainable without much walking, so that's a plus.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

11.2 miles in overcast pre-storm drizzle.  Now it's really coming down good, yay.

Warden, I love a good upset.  Go Bobcats!

Fatozzig, think of that as your baseline pace. Then you can see where it is in a few months after working with a coach.

runtrailDC, was the 10k a go or not?

Sandy, a 24 hour adventure race next weekend?  Bank some sleep!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Got up and did a 7 mi run this morning. It was a glorious 39 deg, felt great.

Then the plan was my DD was riding her mtb to our house (abt 21 miles one way). I was in a taco shop when she call to say she was leaving. I got home changed real quick and headed out on my bike to meet her and ride together back to our house. I ended up with 18 mi.  A fun ride, it had warmed up to 50 deg.

We got here and scarfed down some great breakfast tacos. Afterward we did a little bike cleanup and lube for next weekend. DD took this artistic pic, I didn’t know she was taking it.

tbd.