Trailer Trash

Monday Mileage (Read 13 times)

LB2

Gatsby: Congratulations.

Not sure what the mileage will be today, probably 2.5 to 3. I have a meeting at a high school at 10, and I have a classroom catastrophe that I need to try to exert what little bit of influence I have to try to fix it. I don't know if it can be fixed, though.

QOTD: What does your Christmas Break look like this year?

I think I am going to call it a year on 12/17. We go back on January 3rd. I am hoping we can get most of the spring enrollment done by 12/17 and deal with minor clean up and stragglers the first 2 weeks of the new year.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Margaret!  I'm pretty sure 26 miles on the roads would lay me up for a month plus Smile

7 miles yesterday with Tiny Elvis on a crispy morning (mid-20's); will get out after work (headlamp in pocket) for a few miles

qotd: I've got 13 work days left- four this week, four the following week, three days Christmas week and then two New Years week.  Thirteen days of work left, but who's counting.  So my Christmas break won't start until December 29th, but it goes on forever 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today.

LB, hope the class room situation is just a PITA thing and not something too serious. By the way is the back getting better?

mt, the best countdown ever!!

qotd: I have about 10 days left to take before the end of the year, I'll continue to take them sporadically, but then take the 22nd thru the 31st off (24 and 27 are holiday days at the office).  Having said that, I always need to take a peek at the e-mail to make sure something isn't going too crazy.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I think a rest day today or at most a couple miles of road jogging.

I did have a couple of decent non-jogs this weekend, capped off with about 8 yesterday at Birdsboro Watershed. I added a few miles to my regular 5+ loop as my body was not protesting vehemently for once. Weather was good for December. High 30's/low 40's in the morning with no wind.

QOTD: Week of Dec27 I will be off, but technically off time begins on 12/24. I will spend an hour or two sometime during that week following up on email but no work other than that. We will be going to GA area to my sister/BIL, and SIL/BIL on my wife's side. Looking forward to some trail running down there.

Sandy - Congrats on Hard Rock!

Gatsby - Way to go on the marathon! I had to think back.. my last road marathon was in 2010, more than a decade ago.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Congrats on CIM, Gatsby!  Nicely done.  I've never done a road marathon and have no plans.  Avenue of the Giants is in my neck of the woods and once in awhile I think, "Should I?" But then I circle back to reality. 

Week 1 of working with my new coach, recommendations of Gatsby.  So 30 min of core/ST . . . 40, but 10 of that was AT, shin, and balance stuff, which are part of my ongoing PT exercises, so it doesn't "count."

QOTD: No plans.  We rarely ever have guests and since my pops passed 6 yrs ago, it's been just me and The Hub.  My office usually closes at noon the day before Christmas, but this year they decided to close at noon on the 23rd and give us all of the 24th off, so I get a 3 1/2 day weekend.  I'll take it.

We couldn't have guests right now anyway.  The new kittens have completely taken over our extra bedroom, and last night we had to strip the room of any possible hiding place. (Sam is a Houdini at hiding.) This means our extra bathroom and computer room are now filled with all the stuff that was in that room.  So while the kittens adjust to the reality of nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, we get to start going through all the crap we've just been shoving into the dark recesses to deal with "later."

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Congrats, Gatsby! I did cross training today.  Tried to take Chowder out for a long evening walk, but a gale warning is in place and the trees were moving and creaking in ways I was not comfortable with. We got the long ways around the block and called it.

qotd: Going to visit family in MN the last week of the month. We are coming up on the anniversary of my brother's death, and we want to make sure our mom is not too alone. It's cold so I've been prepping winter stuff Hopefully there will be snow and maybe I can get my niece and nephew out for a snow shoe hike.

Short walk today, feeling all sorts of aches and tiredness after yesterday. Way worse than a trail ultra.  My road running friends were laughing bc I wore my hydration pack.  I know there were water stops every two miles, but I had to carry my snacks somewhere, didn’t I?  

QOTD: no break other than the federal holidays on 12/24 and 12/31. I’ll probably leave early every now and then if things are quiet.  Jealous of Warden counting down to retirement!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

qotd: Going to visit family in MN the last week of the month. We are coming up on the anniversary of my brother's death, and we want to make sure our mom is not too alone. It's cold so I've been prepping winter stuff Hopefully there will be snow and maybe I can get my niece and nephew out for a snow shoe hike.

I think it is good that you are thinking of your mom like that. My friend died during Hurricane Ida in late August of this year, and I stopped by to visit his parents the day after his birthday. His dad said his mom had a hard time the day before, and I imagine they will have a hard time on the anniversary of Hurricane Ida, too. Days like that can be difficult, especially for a parent who loses a child.

LB2