Trailer Trash

Monday Mood (Read 14 times)

XtremeTaper

A real slow creaky plod out at Birdsboro watershed in the cold rain yesterday. Managed 5 miles but it almost a hike instead of a run. Probably due to running 13 or so with some of the traildawgs on Sunday. There was a good turnout for the run celebrating 70th birthday for one of the original members. 30+ people, dozens of dogs. Most did a 7 mile loop along white clay creek but 4 of us tacked on the tri-state trail to end of the loop. It was really fine December day for a run. Upper 20's to start, 40 or so at the finish, sunny, calm with no wind. I was the slow one in the group unfortunately but the group waited up for me most of the time. I kept up best on the rolling single track of the tri-state trail. The flat trail back I kept getting dropped. That was my longest run of the year.

Today, 4-6 miles late afternoon is the plan.

QOTD: Do you participate regularly with a running club or group? Not so much anymore. Used to run a lot of the Traildawg fat ass races, participate in a few volunteer gigs (most notably MMT100 aid support) but that was an informal group back in the day. Seems I was always more off the cuff with my training to want to hook up regularly with any organized groups. I do enjoy running with others but some groups tend to turn training runs into races.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I took a vacation day to hunt, but I scheduled that before I had filled all my tags for this area and really don't have a good spot in any other areas (game management areas). I guess I could have gone and tried to shoot a hog or coyote or something. But, it is also warm, so I ran 20 miles. It went well, a little under 4 hours. No blisters. No pains. I just have the slightest little "feeling" on the ball of my left foot. I am chalking that up to the gravel road.

QOTD: I am the only person I know who runs who lives around here. I am not aware of any groups that exist outside of the immediate Baton Rouge area, but those are all road runners with a few trailers mixed in from time to time.

LB2

Hey, All -

Saturday, I got in a nice 5-mile trail run at the Headwaters Preserve.  One of my favorite places to run, but I haven't been there probably a year due to the $%*# PF taking so long to go away.

Yesterday was a rest day, and today I got in an hour of core/ST.

Dang, it was cold this morning!  31 when I got in my car at 7:30.  When I checked the weather last night, it was only supposed to dip into the high 30s, so I didn't cover any of my vulnerable plants.  Oh well.

QOTD: There are various groups around here that get together, but the 2 times I tried a group run, I ended up running by myself because everyone else was faster than me.  That pretty much cured me of participating in group runs.  Once I get squarely back into the game, there's another runner I'd like to hook up with.  She's a bit faster than me, so she makes me push myself.  She's also the one who last year ran 19 miles of my FA 50k with me. We did a couple of training runs together last year, and our personalities really clicked, so I'm looking forward to being able to run with her again.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

NorthernHarrier

A creaky slow plod is pretty much my running career these days XT. Oh well, there's a lot worse ways to spend my time. Had big plans for workouts yesterday but in the end I just did a 5 mile run.  Now I see starting late Tues thru Friday we'll be in a winter storm situation which looks to pretty significant for a lot of the country. Warden may be getting it now.  So today I've checked all the provisions and tomorrow I'll position the generator and snowblower. This morning I've done weights, core, and some time on the rower and once lunch settles a tad I'll head out for 8.

QOTD--No, I'm a solo operator for the most part. Had one running bud back in the day where we would often run together and would road trip for 50k's or epic runs. But we both got old, he broke down finally from all the mileage abuse and I got him into mountain biking then he just went ham on that. If I really go back in time there was a group of 6-7 of us that would meet on the weekends and really bust out some long intense training runs. No club, just a mixed age group of us that all went to the same high school and shared the love of trail running and beer.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 mile walk with Jack and then 4.5 run.  

qotd:  I love running it groups....just makes a different run  being social instead of alone for hours.  Since moving back to Michigan I lost that group but I do show up for the Weds group run....it's on the street but 3 quick mikes and then a brewery.  There is a trail group one Thursday s week...followed by a brewery.  And lastly I have been running with the Hash Harriers (a drinking club with a running problem) where we actually drink mid run🤷🏻‍♀️.Hopeing to meet up with sone longer distance runners for that long run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I didn't run yesterday.  The gloomy weather here turned into a full-on thunderstorm early Sunday morning my alarm went off a 5am and it was heavy lightening so I reset the alarm for 6am. Then at 6am the same thing, at 7am the same thing. So I just gave up and slept in w/o resetting the alarm, but then got busy during the day so no run.

This morning I got out and did 10 miles.  Still a bit gloomy, but it was cooler so that was good.

qotd: the informal running group is now a bunch of walkers, except for me (and sometimes two others do a run/walk thing).  I think the two other run/walkers will get their act together eventually and will be runners again. When they do they are both pretty fast and I won't be able to keep up with them.  But, the whole group still has the long-standing Sat - Sun after-run (or walk) Starbucks Coffee meetup at 8am. I usually make it back in time for coffee.

QoN - I used to do Hash House Harrier runs a long time ago the first time I lived in Korea (mid 1980s) and also did some in Shanghai. They were fun.  On-On!!!

tbd.

Easy 4 after work.

XT, a slow creaky plod is better than no plod.

Fatozzig, running groups that run too fast annoy me.  What's the point in getting together for a social run if people are left behind?

QOTD: I don't run regularly with a group any more.  My RC stopped doing weekly social runs in 2020, and they never resumed.    I participate at other RC events, like the aid stations that we sponsor and an occasional holiday fun run.  I join Trail Sister group runs every now and then, but their events are not particularly close to me.  If I can combine it with a visit to my dad, I might do it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD:  Not anymore. There simply isn't anyone who shows up for group runs that is as slow as I am now.  At one time I was very active, acting as pacer for our track workouts, being sure no one was left to run alone on weekend long runs, and wrote a monthly column for 3 years when the club had a printed newsletter.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.