Trailer Trash

Think About It Thursday!! (Read 14 times)

LB2

3.5 miles this morning. It was pretty slow because I got to the one mile mark at 10:30, which is about the same time I got there yesterday when I walked the ups and ran the flats and downs. I did stop to pick up my in-law's garbage can, along with my sister-in-law's. That may have taken 30 seconds total.

Sandy: From yesterday's comment about following along on this training journey, my training plan is to focus on running slow and walking fast.

QOTD: Recent wildlife sightings?

I have been seeing quite a few baby deer. I saw a tiny one yesterday morning. I have not seen a snake all summer, but right now, we are approaching one of the most active periods of the year for snake movement.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles this morning with DW and Tiny E.

According to the news, we're in the midst of a "mega" heatwave- nothing new as we've been in a heat wave for seven weeks now 

Lots of deer; heard an elk this morning but didn't see it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Nuthin'.  I didn't sleep well again last night.

QOTD: Besides deer in the field across from us and the small snake Tucker was playing with in the back yard (The Hub rescued it.  Hopefully it lived), nothing new.

It's here!  The Hub picked it up last night.  The Hub bought 2 brand new batteries yesterday, so we're gonna play with things this weekend. 

May be an image of outdoors

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

Fatozzig: Nice looking camper. Hope the trip goes well.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Day off yesterday. Hit the practice green after work for wedge and sand shot practice. Haha.

Ran 2 miles today at lunch with Baker on the spin cycle trail under the cedars. First jog for him in a week. Might do 3 later through the hood to get my 5 for the day.

Speaking of Baker, his tick titer came back finally. Low level of lyme, anaplasmosis, and rocky mountain spotted fever. The last is a new one but he has never been tested for that so could be an old marker? Treating him anyways for a month, will retest in a few weeks at end of treatment phase.

QOTD: Deer in the woods, deer in the backyard... deer deer deer everywhere! Oh, the bird feeder tree that we have a great view of from our back deck. Saw a red pileated woodpecker the other day. They are common here in the woods but not often do I see them. Their call is unmistakable, and I heard one in the neighborhood last week and he showed up at the bird feeder this past weekend to peck at some suet.

Fattozing - Ah, happy campers!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.

LB2: sounds like a great plan.

fatozzig: nice toy, enjoy.

qotd: saw 3 baby deer yesterday, they were very small and still had spots. Didn’t see the mom around, she must have been well hidden.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.1 miles easy

qotd:  Seeing a lot of deer, groups of does and fawns, an occasional stag.  Two were standing about 20 meters from my door as I left to run the other day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.