Trailer Trash

Wake Up Wednesday (Read 17 times)

LB2

I plan to hit the trail for 4 miles this morning. Mileage is starting to creep up to make me feel like a runner again. They say things are going to cool off a little in the coming days. We never hear about things cooling off in August.

QOTD: When does it start to feel or look like fall in your area?

Usually, it starts to consistently cool down in mid to late October. We usually catch a nice little cool snap sometime during the first or second week of October, but any day in October could potentially hit 90+.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: The heat and no rain has it looking like fall with dead grass and trees are losing leaves...but it rained last night and it's supposed to for the next few days.  Ponds around here are drying up and I think some of the farmers will have a hard time as the soybeans aren't growing much and the corn dried up.  If the ponds don't fill and pastures continue to be so dry then they'll start selling off herds.

I saw this morning the Dean "story" has shown up on People.  Seems he's spreading his tale far and wide.  Looks like a publicity stunt to me.

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night at the lake. It was a pretty nice evening, warm about 80, but felt pleasant with a nice north breeze. Run went well for once. Felt like my watch was malfunctioning as I finished up a few minutes faster then usual. Not sure of run today. I might do a few miles or just go for a walk this evening. I am undergoing shockwave therapy for my whonky left leg and had 3rd treatment this morning. I have not been running on those days though I don't feel any pain from the treatment. Sort of like ultrasound so far.

QOTD: Late September, early October. Though it seems Labor Day we almost always get a dash of cool weather but it does not really settle in until later in the month.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

4 miles planned at lunch with a friend. Since I'm meeting someone, it's very likely to happen. Besides that, I'm packing for my roadtrip to the midwest. Chowder is suspicious, but he's coming along he just doesn't know it yet

qotd: We're in a lovely cool(er) spelll right now. Our AC has been off since last friday, but tomorrow might be the end of that. Usually, I feel fall is on it's way late September, but the intense heat spells tend to wane by mid-August. Or at least they don't last as long.

LB2

I saw this morning the Dean "story" has shown up on People.  Seems he's spreading his tale far and wide.  Looks like a publicity stunt to me.

He is a publicity stunt.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

what a putz 

4 miles (800’ ) early with Tiny Elvis

qotd: usually by mid September we’re looking & feeling like Fall, this year we’re in our 7th week of 90+ degrees- unprecedented here 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Big excitement today, I’m downtown on jury duty. Haven’t been picked yet, but they are holding us because they have 1 or 2 more panels to create later this morning. I can hardly contain myself.

No run for me today, maybe ride the mtb later after I get finished with the justice system.

qotd: similar to dhuff, we are usually hot and dry in August so the trees get stressed and it looks a bit like fall, only still hot as hell (we’re supposed to hit triple digits today). Then the leaves will start falling, but they don’t turn nice colors, what I call “brown and down” each year.

tbd.

I have nothing to report.  My back is still in semi-seize mode, so any kind of biking riding or strength training would most likely exacerbate it.  But I am making sure I move around a lot and will work on stretching things out.  Geez!   All I did was take a shower!!  Who knew it could be so dangerous! 

Sandy - Montana de Oro is near my old stomping grounds.  I grew up in Cambria.  We had school field trips to the state park.

QOTD: We're already getting fall like weather - cool, misty mornings with warmer afternoons.  Over the weekend I saw my first wooly caterpillar of the season, which is a sure sign of falling settling in.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I have nothing to report.  My back is still in semi-seize mode, so any kind of biking riding or strength training would most likely exacerbate it.  But I am making sure I move around a lot and will work on stretching things out.  Geez!   All I did was take a shower!!  Who knew it could be so dangerous! 

Last year, I twisted around to look at a deer. It was real contortion to get around on him. I did not shoot that deer. Anyway, it screwed my SI joint up to the point I couldn't sleep. The pain was excruciating. The chiropractor blamed running. He did fix it, but once he did, I didn't go back. That guy acted like everyone on earth who could not levitate/hover to move from point A to point B was doing themselves a disservice. Finally, I was like, "Look Doc. I am not going to stop running as long as I can run. So, just crack my bones, take the money, and let's move on. I know when this started, and I just need relief. It had nothing to do with running." You just never know what will mess you up temporarily. I hope it gets better soon.

LB2

Sandy-2

Sandy - Montana de Oro is near my old stomping grounds.  I grew up in Cambria.  We had school field trips to the state park.

fatozzig, nice!!  My parents used to spend a lot of time in their RV in Pismo Beach.  In fact almost all the times I visited I met them in Pismo, only once did I actually go to their house (near Visalia). In Pismo I ran along the beach or the beach road when the arches of my feet got too tired, but a few times I ran in Montana de Oro (a great place to run).

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.something plus probably 2 Mile walk with Jack.  Sanding and staining is getting to me....my shoulder hurts! 

qotd:  probably first of Ictober but has been a hit dry summer so we shall see.

gatsby:  well if he lies and ever comes clean the RD should Sue him.  As in take him to court,  has nothing to do with me, Sue.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Heh, People magazine, a bastion of investigative journalism and critical thinking.  

Sandy, did you get picked for jury duty?  The suspense is killing us!

Fatozzig, ugh on the back tweak.    Hope you get some relief soon.

Queen, we'll just sic Sue on him.  

8 miles with intervals today.

QOTD: We're still immersed in fog, which is our summer weather.  When the fog clears out and it gets hot, that's our fall weather, likely starting in September.  Days are definitely feeling shorter now.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR