Trailer Trash

Feel Good Friday (Read 13 times)

LB2

Feel pretty good this morning. It took awhile to get to sleep last night, but I only woke up once. I ran a 2.5 mile loop this morning and walked 1.5 miles to check on the acorns.

QOTD: Do you believe in conspiracy theories? And/or do you know people who are all in on some conspiracy theories?

I do not believe in conspiracy theories, but I do have questions about Epstein and JFK. I know several people who are all in on conspiracy theories. Many of those people are very intelligent and are very good at understanding the nuances of life. I know others who seem to have no ability to reason in a logical way. I expect the latter to be more prone to believing conspiracy theories, but I really think I know more of the former.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Got in just under 4 yesterday in Rock Creek. Ran the first half at a fast pace, hiked the hilly, scenic return. We haven't been to this section recently so Chowder went ballistic when parking the car. It was like he's never been in the woods before... 

qotd: No, not generally, though I do think Epstein's suicide leaves a lot of questions. I have two family members (distant) that are not vaccinated because they're afraid of becoming sterile. Luckily I rarely see them so I don't have to worry about opening my mouth and actively questioning their intelligence.  Fom family reports, it's very unlikely they've actually talked to a medical professional about these concerns so it's really conspiracy theory and willful ignorance, in my view.

LB2

qotd: No, not generally, though I do think Epstein's suicide leaves a lot of questions. I have two family members (distant) that are not vaccinated because they're afraid of becoming sterile. Luckily I rarely see them so I don't have to worry about opening my mouth and actively questioning their intelligence.  Fom family reports, it's very unlikely they've actually talked to a medical professional about these concerns so it's really conspiracy theory and willful ignorance, in my view.

Your answer reminds me of when I got my second shot. The pharmacist who gave the shot was someone I grew up with. I didn't even feel the first shot, but the second shot hurt a little bit. I winced when she injected it, and I said, "Wow, Gates should have made that microchip in the vaccine smaller. That one hurt!!" She almost fell out of the chair laughing. I don't like Bill Gates, but I don't believe the conspiracy theory about the microchip.

LB2

Sandy-2

Planning to run this afternoon, a little heat training I guess, mid to upper 70s.

qotd: I’d like to answer this question, but I’m afraid to because the government is always watching.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night out at the lake. I was overdressed with long sleeves. Warmer than I expected. No gloves or hat in December. I took jogging to a new level of slowness last night. Nothing really aching more than normal. Just a complete lack of energy to move or so it felt. Started about 2 miles into the run. I would find myself slowing to a fast walk/hike and would have to remind myself that I was out for a run. Ha. Overall just about a minute per mile slower then my normal times on this route but it felt much more so.

Maybe a day off today (7 days in a row now) or at most light jog in the hood or local trail.

QOTD: Not into conspiracies but yes I agree with you on the Epstein, JFK business, and of course area 51. As Lynyrd Skynyrd once sang "There are things goin' on that you don't know".

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: No, not really.  My MIL was when she was alive.  DH and I just laughed about it.

Perhaps if all those less intelligent people DID become sterile it would stop the breeding of those people and we'd be less likely to be in Idiocracy again.

Perhaps if all those less intelligent people DID become sterile it would stop the breeding of those people and we'd be less likely to be in Idiocracy again.

Or, when something happens and they die - cleansing the gene pool.  (Sorry - had to do that)

dhuff - I hope your percentage stays where it's at for a long time to come

Nothing yesterday as I woke at one point feeling really queasy and felt generally crappy when I was supposed to get up.  Don't know why.

This a.m., I got in 5 slow predawn miles.  Threw in a few "speedy" sections just because.  It was so foggy and damp, my headlamp was almost uneffective.

QOTD 1: I have annual gyno and check up visits, but don't go to the doctor unless something else comes up.  Cripes, I think I see my sports chiro more!   I'm all about annuals, though.  If something's going on, I want to catch it.  The only big health issue in my gene pool is arthritis.  My mom suffered with severe Rh + 2 other types, so I get checked for Rh about every 5-7 yrs.  I have a benign tremor in my left hand that I take a low dose low BP med for.  Other than that, I'm healthy as a horse.

QOTD 2: I don't believe in conspiracies, but I'm also not gullible enough to think there's not some sneaky crap going on.  I don't let it derail my life or keep me from getting vaccinated.   A number of years ago, I had a boss who refused to use debit cards because he believed the government tracked you through your debit activity. 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles this morning with Tiny Elvis on a sunny, but crisp day.

All of the FCS playoff games are on ESPN Plus, not ESPN that comes with cable, ESPN Plus that you get to pay for extra.  I found out you can get it for a month, so figured I'd do that and then cancel.  Then I found out that my smart with ~ 300 different apps on it, doesn't have the ESPN Plus app, evidently the TV manufacturers have to pay ESPN to have their app and LG didn't (wouldn't).  So to watch ESPN Plus on my tv I had to buy a Amazon FireStick as well.  During this festive holiday season it does my heart good that corporate greed is alive and well, would hate to think it might have subsided.

qotd: no; but they are both entertaining because they are so far fetched and at the same time sad as there are a lot of not so bright folks out there that believe them no questions asked

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

MtWarden, that sucks about the games. I think the later rounds might be on regular espn channel or is it just the final? I recall watching last year or was it the year before? Maybe go in person!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

MtWarden, that sucks about the games. I think the later rounds might be on regular espn channel or is it just the final? I recall watching last year or was it the year before? Maybe go in person!

I believe only the final game will be on "regular" ESPN, oh for the good old days when everything was on network tv!

I spent inordinate amount of time getting the FireStick up and running (setup w/ passwords galore, had to get stuff off of my computer- write it down and then go back to the tv with the information); ditto on getting ESPN Plus up running via the FireStick- multiple codes, passwords, back and forth between tv and computer, etc.

BUT I think it's up and running now.  The kickoff is 7:00 PM tonight (our time) so I'll fire it up at 6-ish to make sure it's working 

If they should make it to the Championship- I'm going to give serious thought about going!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I believe only the final game will be on "regular" ESPN, oh for the good old days when everything was on network tv!

Looks like the semi-finals and final will be on ESPN2, possibly the last of the quarter-final games as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Looks like the semi-finals and final will be on ESPN2, possibly the last of the quarter-final games as well.

Ahh- good to know- thanks George!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √