Trailer Trash

Fun Friday (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

No excitement yet for me today, but did wake to an icy coating on the trees.  I might get out for a run after my workday (?!?), but I also need to take our Subaru in for emissions testing. 

Qotd: weekend plans? We’ll, finishing the spare bedroom painting job and start on the floor refinishing. And some running. Weather is predicted to be a mixed bag

It's been a long, painful week.  I took Wilson in yesterday and had him put to sleep.  The vet owns the practice is the one I met with, and based on what I told her was happening with him, she said it mostly likely was throat cancer.  Two others we had to put to sleep last year had cancer.  It's too coincidental for there to not be a link, so The Hub and I have looked at what the problem might be, and right now our best guess is an indoor water fountain everyone loves to drink from.  Since all 3 died at 16, 17, and 17 respectively, is has to be something that got into their systems over time.  Unless someone tells me otherwise, my money is on the fountain leaching something into the water over the years.

Anyway, I got in an hour of stationary biking yesterday and 30  min of core/ST done yesterday morning.  My left damstring is acting up more than usual, which is incredibly frustrating.

QOTD: I'm supposed to do 3 hrs of running/or hiking tomorrow.  After that, taxes, taxes, and more taxes.  I gotta get it done!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

My condolences Leslie.  It's a hard decision to make.  I wonder if you are right...I don't use that kind of waterer so I can't tell.  None of mine have had cancer though.  Wonder if there's lead or something in one of the components?

Warden, I’m sorry to hear about your dad.  I have fears about my dad falling. 

Fatozzig, sorry for your loss. 

Frosty morning here, which is very unusual on the coast. Easy 45 minute run. 

QOTD: usual stuff, running, visiting my dad, chores, yard work. Plus getting stuff together for the Ireland trip.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

mt - so sorry to hear about your Dad. That is really tough to take. Hang in there.

fatozzig - also sorry to hear about your cat.

Today was a last rest day and tomorrow morning I'm planning on running.  We'll see how far. I signed up for a race "training run" at the end of April, so I do need to get back on the horse.

qotd: running and doing some stuff around the house.

tbd.