Trailer Trash

Weather Wednesday (Read 14 times)

LB2

Ran 3.5 this morning. It was pretty nasty outside again today. I have been dodging rain for several days now.

QOTD: What has been the prevailing weather pattern in your area lately?

It has rained every single day for the last several days, and it is expected to continue. Yesterday, lightning was popping like crazy. One hit so close it knocked me off the Internet and also scared the dog and me.

LB2

XtremeTaper

6 miles last night on the hills of Coventry Woods. Not a bad run, not great. I was a few minutes over my good/normal zone but felt mostly decent. I had to skedaddle to break 70 minutes during the last mile. Thankfully that is where the 400 foot drop is that you climb at the start, albeit the first part is a steep rocky section that I have to pick my way down these days.

Run today? Probably not. Might take Baker out to the lake for a walk and if he wants to jog so be it. He went to the vet this morning. Nothing obviously wrong. They are running some lab panels to look for anything unusual and a more inclusive tick test. They gave him an antibiotic script to get him started on as that is the most reasonable explanation for his lack of interesting in running. Funny, he charges into the examination room like a maniac and the tech goes, "oh, I see he is here for lack of energy".

QOTD: We have been in a very dry pattern since late June, early July. Not behind on rain for the year, but definitely for the summer season. There have been storms in the area this summer but scattered and almost always miss us or give us an inconsequential amount of rain. It does mean less mowing at least!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Baker, Baker, Baker.  

30 min of stat biking this morning, followed by 30 min of core and PT stuff.

QOTD: Lately, it's been very muggy, overcast, and damp in the mornings.  Damp enough that I don't want to ride my bike to work 'cause I'd just get soaked.  The sun may pop out in the early afternoon, but then it's back to overcast and damp.  Sure wish we'd get some rain. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Did 10 mi this morning before today’s regularly scheduled thunder storms. It was 81° and humid, again. I didn’t run yesterday because of thunderstorms. This is our usual dry period, but this year is a little out of whack with lots of rain. Out of whack, like everywhere lately.

qotd: see above, and this.

tbd.

LB2

Sandy: You could cut and paste Houston, TX and Clinton, LA weather and never miss a beat for the foreseeable future. I see Dallas got hammered. Prior to this spring, I think I could swim down I-30 faster than I could drive, but they made significant improvements over the last few years. We rolled through Big D on the way to Oklahoma this spring because it was the closest In and Out we could find. Pretty good burgers and shakes.

LB2

runtraildc

DH, chowder and I hiked 3 hilly miles in the county park by the in-laws. Nice valley views and a finish point at the municipal golf course clubhouse. Finish point included a large gin and tonic on the patio, enjoying the view and a breeze.

qotd- not sure. I’m enjoying moderate to low humidity and temps from the 60s to low 80s of the Midwest