Trailer Trash

Fishing Friday!! (Read 11 times)

LB2

I ran/walked 3 miles this morning. I needed to be at 50 miles today; I am at 51.3.

QOTD: Weekend Plans?

Floating the river in the morning in my kayak to catch some fish. I think my dad is using my brother's kayak, but he may use his new contraption. I don't know how well that is going to work because the river is pretty shallow. He bought an innertube-type fishing thing. I don't know how to explain it any better than that. I'll run 5 miles on Sunday.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Might just go run up at the local trail tonight or egad maybe the track. Want to see if I can get my interval pace below 9mm. LOL. Probably do that this weekend though. Feels like fall here today and I think this weekend too.

Last night did something a little different. Ran an out/back on the horseshoe trail, 5 miles or so, on the section that bisects the search zone for the escapee. Funny, ran into what I thought was an officer with a gun combing an open meadow. Turned out it was just the park ranger. Stopped and chatted with him. Then at my turn around at the road right near where they caught him a family was out waiting for school bus or something. Talked to them too... they lived right where that guy was prowling around. The kids were funny... they said they sharpened their toy swords. It's been years since I've been on this section of the trail. Really nice, woods, big view of PA farms and countryside, etc. It was fun.

QOTD: Not sure yet. We are going to take Baker and Birdie out for some short hikes in the woods. The yard needs mowed again, some yard cleanup.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

That video - 

I'm not a snake at at all, but that's a pretty snake.

Gatsby - The Hub and I were talking to someone the other day whose parents live in Alameda.  He was saying that in Oakland in broad daylight, the gangs are  now driving up and blocking people in their cars on all sides, dragging them out of their cars, and stealing the cars for parts.  Unfortunately, no part of the Bay Area holds any appeal to me anymore with all the crap that's going on down there anymore. 

Yesterday I was supposed to do a 7 mile EZ run, but I was feeling completely whipped and took the day off.  If missing a 7-mile run is the make or break of my upcoming race, well, then I didn't do a very good job of preparing for it.

I feel MUCH better today, which is supposed to be 30 min of something EZ, so I'll probably 30 a min EZ stationary bike ride when I get home.

QOTD: The Hub is gone until probably midday Sunday, so a mini vacation for me.  I have a 17-mile run tomorrow that I hope goes better than last week's run.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a great backpacking trip in the Scapegoat/Bob Marshall.  Three days, 40-ish miles (about half off trail) and never saw a single soul! 

5 m, iles (800') with Tiny Elvis on a nice cool (40's) morning.

qotd: DW is at yoga camp until Sunday so TE and I are batching it   lets see pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs- the choice are endless!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I actually ran 3 mi this morning.  My legs are still kinda wobbly. I definitely used different muscles than usual last weekend.

LB2 - I'm trying to imagine an innertube fishing contraption, by the way does it include a foldup lawn chair? 

XT - I guess everyone in that area is quite relieved.

fatozzig -  yeah like I said I have swam in that exact spot before, I know there are gators in that lake but I thought that they were always on the other side and a few miles away.  Not sure I'm going to dunk in there again any time soon.  Also I agree I like seeing Coral Snakes, they are poisonous but they don't bite often and are much more likely to run away.

mt - great photos. I really like the one with the setting sun hitting the far rock face. 

qotd: just some running and we're also looking after DD's two dogs (which is always fun).

tbd.