Trailer Trash

Third Thursday (Read 14 times)

LB2

Legs were blasted today. I think it was because of the lunge workout that I couldn't even finish on Tuesday. Everything was just super sore, but I ran well this morning despite that. In fact, it felt very good to push along easily up and down the hills with my legs feeling tired. I have too much going on for work today to get in a swim or a resistance training session, but I'll be back on those things tomorrow.

QOTD: How often do you eat outside of your home, and do the pros outweigh the cons?

By "outside of your home", I mean at a restaurant. We don't do that very often, but when we do, I generally find the initial eating of the food to be mostly good. However, I have found that, unless I get a salad, I tend to leave the place bloated from what I guess is high sodium content. So, I would say the pros do not outweigh the cons. The only advantage is that I don't have to cook, but I would rather cook.

LB2

runtraildc

Good morning (or afternoon) trailers. Actually ran this morning. Well, maybe a jog and just under 3 miles. I got up and out before Chowder figured out he was being left behind and the heat and humidity became unbearable. felt good in the sense that it has been 10 days.

qotd: pre-covid, often once a week. Now it's a couple of times a month, if that, and it's often just for Pho. I'm not a 'foodie' (and I hate that word). It's often for convenience and to avoid cooking at home. We're both decent cooks so it's not usually for anything we can't make already.

Hello hello. Intervals yesterday, rest day today. Moving today’s run to tomorrow, too busy today between work and family visiting.  We’re having our usual summer weather, foggy and damp in the morning, clearing in the afternoon, then more fog.  Better than the hot stuff everywhere else. 

QOTD: neither DH nor I are big on cooking. We eat out around once a week. Otherwise we will get food to go or easy, low prep stuff like corn in the cob, salad, or pasta.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Mornin', Sunshines -

45 min of core/ST for me this a.m.  We have the same weather as Gatsby - foggy, overcast, damp, humid in the morning, a bit of a sun break-thru in the afternoon for maybe 2-3 hrs, then fog again - usually very low hanging for through the early evening.

We leave tomorrow for a family reunion (The Hub's side) short camping trip just north of Coos Bay, OR, coming back Sunday.  I'll get in a bike ride before we leave, but that'll be it until we get back home.

Had an appt yesterday with a new PT for my PF.  He gave me some more stretching exercises, and starting next week we're gonna try ultra sound and deep tissue massage to see if that gets me over the hump.  He battles PF, himself, so in a weird way that's a plus for me.  Fingers crossed this works.

QOTD: I eat out once every few months with my lady friends for our respective birthdays (there's 4 of us), and when our legal professionals associate starts meeting again in September, there will be a once a month dinner, but I don't really care for the place where we meet, so I usually end up getting a small salad.  Other than that, we don't eat out.  It's too expensive, and we usually end up disappointed by the meal compared to the cost.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Pre 2020 we'd go out several times a month usually on a Sat afternoon.  Now it's barely mostly cause of continued covid outbreaks but also cause of my kidney disease I'm restricted on what I eat.  I have to watch sodium and potassium mostly and everything has one or the other.  Course when I travel for work we eat out breakfast lunch and dinner for that week so I have researched food nutrition for items at the places we go often and have a list I take with me.  Really is a pain in the ass.

Sandy-2

Hi.  I’m still here.  I’m isolating, staying on the opposite side of the house (or up vs. down stairs) from my DW. She has some underlying conditions so we don’t want her to get it. Grrr, I still got it after being vaccinated, double boosted and we tend to wear masks more than most folks around here. 

My symptoms are basically like having a slight chest cold and a sore throat, nothing major.

I’ve been binge-watching The Mandalorian and Boba Fett on my DD’s Disney account. Maybe I’ll complete the Star Wars thing and watch Obi-Wan Kenobi next. 

qotd: I’ve been 150-155 for the last 20 to 30 years, but it’s crept up to 160ish the last two years.

tbd.

LB2

Had an appt yesterday with a new PT for my PF.  He gave me some more stretching exercises, and starting next week we're gonna try ultra sound and deep tissue massage to see if that gets me over the hump.  He battles PF, himself, so in a weird way that's a plus for me.  Fingers crossed this works.

Please update us on the ultra sound for PF. My daughter had a horrible bout with it a few years ago. The ultra sound thing was the last thing she tried, and it worked way better than I expected it would. I had it back around 2011, but I jumped on it with stretching and KT tape immediately. I never had to stop running for more than a few days. I didn't realize how luck I was until she got a bad case of it. I think the tape is what fixed it for me, but maybe it was a placebo effect. I wore the tape for about a month, changing it out when necessary.

LB2

runtraildc

Frustrating, but the fall vaccine is expected to provide more protection against omicron. In the meantime, the current vaccines prevent 'serious illness and death' so just imagine how bad it could have been. Fingers crossed for your DW. And glad to hear you're on the mend.

Hi.  I’m still here.  I’m isolating, staying on the opposite side of the house (or up vs. down stairs) from my DW. She has some underlying conditions so we don’t want her to get it. Grrr, I still got it after being vaccinated, double boosted and we tend to wear masks more than most folks around here. 

My symptoms are basically like having a slight chest cold and a sore throat, nothing major.

dhuffman63

Trails

I started feeling bad on a Thur. tested pos Fri July 8 at 830 sm, had monoclonal antibodies at 1 pm that same day and still ended up with a 102 fever, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea and no appetite.  Now on the 21st I finally feel better.  I've been vaxxed and boosted and wear a mask but my DH brought it home from a wedding.  He got home on the 5th and I was sick 2 days later.  The new variant is nothing to mess around with.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 mile walk with Jack.  

qotd:  For the last year I ate out at least twice a week...Mom wanted to eat out and I am so sick of cooking for people.  Heading out right now.   My nephews work at Outback, one is the Chef and the other the manager.  We get half off or sometimes a full comp.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.8 miles.  Heat continues to curtail my distance, even running on shaded courses.

qotd:  rarely eat out except when traveling.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.