Trailer Trash

More Miles Monday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I ran a surprisingly fast 5 miles this morning in 44:26. My legs were sore from yesterday's 30 mile run, but they seemed really want to go a little faster than I expected. I am pleased with that, and I hope it happens on race day. No blisters from yesterday. No unexpected soreness or anything at all. My shoulders aren't sore, which is something I tend to focus on because I think it tells me something about how relaxed I am when I am out there for a longer effort. I feel like I am right where I need to be, but I would like to get a few more 30 mile runs in, but that would be more detrimental than helpful.

QOTD: Any interesting wildlife sightings lately?

The last critter I saw on a run that was worth noting was about 3 weeks ago when I saw a gobbler in the woods next to my house. I always like to see turkeys. I did see a fresh pig track on the trail this morning, but I have not seen a pig in a very long time.

LB2

XtremeTaper

A few slow 5 milers out on the trails this weekend with Baker. Now that deer season is over, we decided to hit the French Creek on Saturday. Coldest day in over a month but no wind. Have not run out there in several months. Given may pace I can probably say the same! Yesterday we did our usual loop out at Birdsboro watershed. Much milder day, better run but still slow. Left knee creaky syndrome. Need to get back to regular stretching routine. I've been slacking.

Run today TBD. I might just go solo on the road to get out of plodding mode.

QOTD: Just the usual suspects, deer deer and more deer.

LB2 - Good job on the 30... that was always my last long run distance before 100's and long races. Do you have a trail system nearby that you use for such a long distance?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Got in 4 on Saturday, legs felt really tired from the various strength training I've been trying to work in. So, Sunday was just a dog walk with Chowder. I'll get out shortly for 4-5 later this morning.

qotd: Nothing-- It's been pretty quiet on the trails lately. My last good wildlife sighting was a couple of weeks ago while at my mom's.  One of her neighbors has been putting out feed for the turkeys, and on my morning walk, usually saw at least 20 in the woods behind their house. I'm always impressed when I come across turkey tracks-- they are huge!

LB2

LB2 - Good job on the 30... that was always my last long run distance before 100's and long races. Do you have a trail system nearby that you use for such a long distance?

Thanks. I have Clear Springs (Mississippi). I can do about 25 miles without running the same section twice, but it is about 45 minutes away. Yesterday, I just put on some very long podcasts and ran the 2.5 mile loop 12 times. That is pretty mind numbing, but I was also trying to condition my brain to run multiple loops and forcing myself to walk the uphills. I don't have major uphills here, but neither does the course. The event is 7 loops of 12.6 miles and 2 loops of 6.1.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

7 miles today, 2.5 with Jack so a bit slower and the rest alone.  I felt great.  

qotd:  What XT said, deer, deer and occasionally more deer.  Still lije seeing them and always say hi.  

LB2:  teams Ixwas going to ask for more info on your run....omg!  12 times around a 2.5.  Did you get dizzy?  Beside the mental work how did the run feel?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB2:  teams Ixwas going to ask for more info on your run....omg!  12 times around a 2.5.  Did you get dizzy?  Beside the mental work how did the run feel?

LOL. No dizziness. Overall, it was good. I still had some power on the last loop to push, but I was worried that today I would only be able to hike, but this morning's run was much better than I expected. I still have 25 days to screw it up, though. I'll probably either rest too much or not rest enough. LOL. I just want to finish it. I doubt I do another long one after this one, but I have said that before.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Had 10 miles of sunny beach without a soul around. Pretty nice but that's a long way for me these days. Last night DW and I took lawn chairs and beverges down to the beach and watched the full moon come up with a clear sky. Pretty magical. Gonna explore some new trails in a nearby state forest in the next day or two.

LB--that's a pretty impressive solo self supported run. Nice job and good luck. I believe you're ready. 

QOTD--just before we left home I had 12 turkeys working up towards my cabin thru the woods then veered off down to the ice and walked around my point single file on the ice. Just looked a little strange. Otherwise down here a couple gators, some manatees, deer, along with the vast array of Florida coastal birds, which are pretty cool.

LB2

Had 10 miles of sunny beach without a soul around. Pretty nice but that's a long way for me these days. Last night DW and I took lawn chairs and beverges down to the beach and watched the full moon come up with a clear sky. Pretty magical. Gonna explore some new trails in a nearby state forest in the next day or two.

LB--that's a pretty impressive solo self supported run. Nice job and good luck. I believe you're ready. 

QOTD--just before we left home I had 12 turkeys working up towards my cabin thru the woods then veered off down to the ice and walked around my point single file on the ice. Just looked a little strange. Otherwise down here a couple gators, some manatees, deer, along with the vast array of Florida coastal birds, which are pretty cool.

Thanks. At this point, there isn't much more I can do. I know from experience that I have done enough to finish. I just need to finish it.

Sounds like you are in good shape down in the Sunshine State.

LB2

Sandy-2

LB, sounds like things are going well, just keep it slow and steady until the taper!!

I didn't run at all this past weekend.  Spent pre-sunrise to post-sunset Saturday working an aid station at Rocky Raccoon 100. Really great weather for it this year, it cycled from coolish at the Saturday morning start (low 30s), to warmish (about 60), to cool again Saturday night (mid 40s), and finally back to warmish (about 70) at the final cutoff Sunday afternoon. It was clear with no wind the whole time.

This morning I got up early and did 11 miles.  Felt great after 2 days off.

qotd: I mentioned them both recently. . .  a ton of pelicans a few weeks ago and then lots of deer last weekend.

tbd.

Good job in the mind-numbing long run, LB.  That many loops definitely takes mental toughness.

I just couldn't do life or adult today, so I stayed home.  It's probably been 3 years or more since I played hooky and I just needed a break.  I didn't just sit around, though.  I got The Hub's invoices done, worked on tax stuff, got in a 30 min stationary bike ride followed by 20+ min of core/ST, then got everything ready for and made dinner after The Hub got home.

QOTD: Nothing unusual, but last weekend I saw my first turkey here in our immediate area.  I know they're around, but I've only seen them in Southern Humboldt or further down.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance