Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 13 times)

6 drizzly predawn miles with 4 x 2 min strides.  These are getting easier, which is nice to realize.  But I am getting tired of running in cold, drizzly conditions.

Also, I have 2 shirts I wear during the winter.  I've had them for years.  They're a short-sleeved, thicker tech shirts, and I wear removable sleeves with them.  The slightly thicker material keeps me warm without being too warm since our temps rarely getting lower than 31/32 in the winter.  I realized this morning than even though I wash them in sports detergent, I need to try something else.  Boy oh boy are they smellin' a bit rank these days!  Just about made my eyes water.

QOTD: Who sticks out as being an early positive influence in your life?  For me, it'd be my parents.  My mom had major health struggles throughout most of my life that really taxed my parents every way you can think of, but they never gave up on each other.  She died when she was 45.  Their example of what it means to never give up on each other is absolutely the reason I stuck around when The Hub and I went through really hard years because of his alcoholism.  This Friday we'll celebrate 12 years of his sobriety.  

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Fatozzig, try putting a cup of vinegar in the machine along with the detergent (you don’t smell it when the load is done). No promises as to whether it eliminates perma-stink, but I think it has helped prevent stink in my running clothes from the get-go. Glad you are able to do your race next month. When I did the Loco Go Big or Go Home challenge in June a few years ago, there were still a few miles of snow on the course. But they have since changed up the race, probably for that reason. 

6 yesterday with uphill strides, speedwork today. 

QOTD: My parents, for sure: very hard workers, busy doctors, but humble and kind people, who always had time for family vacations, kids’ activities, helping out others, etc.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Got in the planned 5 brewery group miles last night. We have a newish route into rock creek that I just love. Not on the trails, but I’m running it usually with a friend that doesn’t do well on trails so this is a good option. The road is closed to cars so it’s quiet and nice. 

fatozzig-/ congratulations to your DH!

Qotd- my family, I guess.

Sandy-2

A typical 5 mi today, nothing special, but it was warm.

qotd (yesterday):  we could do with more couples to hang out with. We have some friend here but not as many as in other places we’ve lived.  

qotd: my Mom. She was fun, emotional, practical, funny, and one of the smartest people I’ve know. Plus she was just my mom.

tbd.