Trailer Trash

It's Finally Here New Year's Eve 2022 (Read 13 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

While most of the mileage has been power walking, I should pass 100 miles for the month today.  Can barely wait, and not patiently, for when I can begin running again.

As is my tradition, I'm having a seafood dinner to celebrate.  Since I;m usually up past midnight anyway, I may take time out to turn on the TV to watch the ball descend at Times Square.

qotd:  This may be redundant.  While I haven't registered for any 2023 races yet, I do have several in mind including a few I've never run before.  What new races or adventures are you planning?  Two that I hope to run are the 12-hour at Six Days in the Dome and either the 12-hour or 24-hour at Arrowhead Ultras in southern Illinois.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Happy last-day-of-the-year!  Out with the old, in with the new!

WC, if you make it to 100 for the month, you're doing better than me.  I'll finish at around 86 81 this month.  

Just squeaked in 2200 for the year.  A couple bouts of bronchitis set me back, but the most recent didn't last as long so hopefully I'm getting back some immunity to the bugs out there.  Pouring rain today so it's unlikely that I'll go out for more miles today.  Seems like a good day to put on some college bowl games.

QOTD: I haven't registered for anything in 2023 yet.  Trying to decide between a couple 100 milers in Oregon (Mountain Lakes, Oregon Cascades) or maybe Siskiyou Outback 100k.  Will add other stuff after figuring out the big goals.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

4.5 miles in balmy mid 50s this morning. Clearly not in MN anymore. Got home in the very early hours to a sick Chowder. Now waiting at the vets for treatment. Thankfully my sister is a vet and has been consulting from afar so I know the likely diagnosis. 

qotd- just a scenic road half marathon in Vermont in June. I need to find something more challenging

Sandy-2

Slept in and skipped my early run this morning but then met the gang for coffee.  But then this afternoon I did 12 miles, a balmy 75° felt ok. Got the yearly miles done.

qotd: Just the Sept run indicated below, I may do something this Spring as a training run but it’s still in the early thinking stage at this point.

tbd.

Too late for Saturday or too early for Sunday?  Either way, Happy New Year, everyone.

Did my 2nd B2B in a year today . . . and ugh!  By the end, I was definitely ready to be done.  Another 6 mile slogfest in slippery, mushy mud and ankle deep water.  Let's just say, I shoulda gone left instead of right.   When I hit this, I finally admitted defeat and turned around:

May be an image of nature, tree and body of water

QOTD: I'm gonna sign up for Forest Ranch Four 50k on April 22, which will be my first race in 4 years, and then another 50k at some point.  Just gotta figure out where a race would fall with regard to other things that are taking shape for 2023 - at least 1 wedding, possible 2 - my nephew's wedding, which would be in Kentucky, if we can afford to go.  We'll see.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Happy New Year, trailers! Looks like I am out a furry running buddy for a while. Chowder's test results came back for pneumonia (started with canine flu/bordatella) so he's on bed rest plus antibiotics. So, it's weird to think about running solo, so I may just row later after our korean bbq lunch reservation (that means we'll be eating a lot today).

More on yesterday's qotd: There's a 6 hour summer race I've been eyeing for a few years-- Miner's Lady. I got off the waitlist last year, but I had a schedule conflict. Registration opens mid month so I'm looking at that. And there's a fat ass-- Eternal Winter 6 hour- at the end of the month. Might jump into that one.

Happy new year!  DH and I celebrated with the neighbors, as we usually do.  We made it through both New York and Chicago new year, yay us.  As Fatozzig's pic shows, NorCal had a deluge the past couple of days, with flooding, mudslides, and road closures.  No biggie for us, since we did not need to leave the house.  Today is lovely and sunny so we went for a walk to kick off the new year and check out the big waves and full creeks.  Leaving tomorrow for Ireland with Dad, then back the following week.  I will make some race decisions and resume working with my coach after we get back.

Fatozzig, I'm going to be away April 22 otherwise it would have been fun to meet up at the Forest Ranch race.  Maybe at your second 50k next year!

runtrailDC, aww sorry to hear Chowder is sick.  Glad to hear he's getting treatment.  Enjoy the Korean BBQ, yum.

Sandy, nice job meeting your goal!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 Mile walk with Jack.  Still feeling a bit ill but would hate to not run the first day if the year.  We shall see.  

Qotd: I've signed up for two races so far...see signature line...and thinking if a marathon in July.  As for adventures...going to try to get a permit to hike the Wonderland trail ....I am also going to plan a camping trip  driving around Lake Superior either in summer or fall depending on backpack trip.  ...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles yesterday with DW and Tiny E (DD left back for Chicago yesterday)

started the new year off on the right foot with 7 miles and 1500' on very treacherous icy trails (full of ankle breaker holes where footprints froze when it was slush)

qotd: plan is doing the Bob Marshall Open in May, possibly a 100-ish miles on the Arizona Trail in March (buddy is looking into it), sheep hunt in August and hopefully a few more 

Gatsby how are you liking the watch?

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Warden, I'm very happy with my new watch!  I never had any bells and whistles on my prior watch, and I'm fascinated by things like solar intensity and sleep metrics with the new one.

Sandy-2

Happy New Year.  I’m starting ‘23 off right. . . took a SRD. 

runtrail: Hope Chowder is up and running again soon.  Just curious, Galbi, Bulgogi, or Sogeum Gui?

tbd.