Trailer Trash

Change of plans weekender (Read 15 times)

Well, I was supposed to fly to Boise yesterday morning to meet up with some long time HS friends.  The airlines had other planes.  Thanks to a Sky West system meltdown overnight, my flight and many others were canceled because crew and planes weren't where they were supposed to be.  Flying out late last night or today weren't an option for me, so I'm back home.  Not a big deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Went for a nice walk yesterday afternoon and grabbed a burger and beer with my DH.  No point in wasting a day off!

Fatozzzig, hope the long run went well!  We're battening down the hatches for the atmospheric river that is supposed to pour in here overnight, which you'll see a few hours ahead of us.

QOTD: Have you had to cancel plans, vacation or otherwise, due to someone else's screw-up?  What did you do about it?  I think I'd have been more upset if I were traveling to a goal race or something else that couldn't be re-done.  I'll catch up with my friends another time so I'm good. And it's kind of nice having an unexpected weekend at home.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sorry your trip was messed up, Gatsby, but a burger sounds really good!

No run for me. Whatever I strained in my ankle isn’t cooperating, so I’m staying off my foot as much as possible today. I have to say, I’m not sad about sitting on my butt all day today. Between training and vacation, I’m tired. And yes, we’re supposed to start getting a good amount of rain this afternoon.

QOTD: I don’t think so. Or if I did, it obviously wasn’t any lasting mental anguish. 😁

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Pain is my friend

Camping in Moab for the weekend. 8.5 mile yesterday on the out skirts of town. Then 10.5 miles this morning before the sun can up. Ran from my camp site to the entrance of Arches NP and up up the road into the park. If you have bandit Arches you know the hill into the park. 1.25 miles and 400 feet of climbing. I ave 8:16 pace up. Fun day.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Fatozzig, sorry about the ankle.  Good call to take it easy.

Krash, if I ever want to bandit Arches, I know who to ask.  

Back from 11 miles.  Some big waves rolling in.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend everyone.

Ran / walked 4.5 miles today.  Doing 1/2 walk, 1/2 run now, so 2 m miles of running on trails and 2.5 walking. The hills did not align too well today except for in the middle where I had a nice slightly downhill section.  My cardio sucks, but I'll take it.

This is exactly 1 year ago today.

This is today. Have my "Hunting Season Orange" shirt on, and boy are my legs white. Wore the vest so I could carry my new huge f-ing phone. Think my Kindle is smaller. 

Gatsby - sorry about the missed trip.  We are flying to Savannah, GA the Wed before T-giving to see DW"s parent's. Our finger are already crossed.

fatozzig - hope ankle is just a mild thing.

Krash - we've hit the Southern Utah NP's and from SLC up to Yellowstone.  We need another Utah trip to get in Arches and Canyonlands. Congrats on some great race results.

QOTD:  Didn't have to cancel but once lost 1/2 a day sitting in the Dublin Airport after my brother booked our rental car for the wrong day (since we flew the red-eye). Had to pay for the day that we didn't use the car before we could get a new reservation.  We missed a round of golf at Adaire Manor because of mix-up, but found a great pub, Sean Collins & Son's to make a bad day a great one. The next day we played Adaire with 2 locals we met at the pub and we laughed the whole round, then back to the pub to collect our winnings (or we paid, but it's my story so the way I remember, we won ).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ended up changing my plans for this morning to test out a new binocular harness I just got. I was going to get the chest rig, but thought maybe it would stick out too much. I settled on the binocular harness because it is always a pain in the butt to try to get to my binos in a vest or backpack. Anyway, I wanted to do some running and hiking with it. So, I ran/walked the 2.5 mile loop with the harness, which worked very well.

QOTD: Never had to cancel a trip because of someone else's screw up. I have had to cancel a trip due to life events, but that is why we call it "life".

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Almost missed running yesterday because the Penn St - Illinois game went 9 overtimes.  Still managed a good tempo workout.

Tim - you've come a long way back.  Good to see you on the trails again.

QOTD:  Haven't had to cancel any vacation plans due to someone else's screw-up, but I've had a number of travel delays due to flight cancellations and not all because of weather.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Quick drive by today.

Yesterday did 13 mi running and 12 on the MTB.

Today joined the relay team for a ride/run, I ran 15 mi and they did around 20 or so. It’s official, we are done with the 1,000 km. It was a lot of fun. Will add pics later or tomorrow.

Gatsby - sorry but glad you made the best of it.

AT - nice to see you on the trail.

qotd: not that I can remember.

tbd.