Trailer Trash

Thoughtful Thursday (Read 15 times)

LB2

I did another 5 this morning; putting B2B's back where they were scheduled, Saturday and Sunday...

QOTD: How much to do track data with your running?

I track data very little. I keep up with how far I run on a daily basis, but other than that, I don't worry about it. I have at least one person I know who is obsessed with all kinds of data. I don't have a fancy watch or anything like that, either. I just use a digital watch to see how long it takes me to run my normal loop or a known distance on a different loop and determine if it was good or bad by how I feel.

LB2

The weather at 4:30 a.m. was not conducive to safe running this morning, so I stayed in bed.  Since I think exercising late in the day/early evening is a contributor to my bouts of insomnia, I'm pushing today's 6 to tomorrow.

Humboldt County ended up with about 17,000 residents without power yesterday.  Some places further south on the coast, they had wind gusts of 84 mph.   That'll probably tear a few shingles off of roofs.

QOTD: I keep track of my activities (run, bike ST), but I'm not a data junky.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well my one day snowshoeing trip turned into two as someone (raises hand ) left his jacket on top of the mountain when eating lunch!  The good news DW and Tiny Elvis joined me on day two to retrieve said jacket.

qotd:  I keep track of mileage that's about all.  One year I kept careful track of elevation gain- it was ~ 400,000' which I've found to be pretty consistent (if I keep the mileage in the 2000 mile range- averaging ~ 200'/mile)

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Still walking

qotd: For years all I tracked was mileage, but with GPS data and running log apps became easily available, I started tracking time and pace as well.  I get other data like HR, steps, elevation gain, calories used, etc. but I don't pay any attention to them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Still walking

qotd: For years all I tracked was mileage, but with GPS data and running log apps became easily available, I started tracking time and pace as well.  I get other data like HR, steps, elevation gain, calories used, etc. but I don't pay any attention to them.

The reason I asked the question was because this guy I know was interrogating me on my resting HR and elevation gain. I told him my resting HR was usually mid to low 40's. He wanted "data", and was asking me about elevation gain. Finally I told him, "FU!! As long as my HR is above 0, I am fine, and I live in Louisiana; I am not concerned with elevation gain." He was just trying to annoy me, and wanted someone to curse at him. I obliged. LOL.

LB2

Finally I told him, "FU!! As long as my HR is above 0, I am fine, and I live in Louisiana; I am not concerned with elevation gain." He was just trying to annoy me, and wanted someone to curse at him. I obliged. LOL.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

No run today, just rode the mtb for a bit.

mt: nice photos, glad to hear you got your jacket. I left a singlet at the park a few months ago and it was long gone by the time I went back to get it.

qotd: I only keep track of miles and time, but the Garmin App keeps track of other stuff.  But I never analyze or review anything except the number of miles.

I'm with LB2, as long as the HR > 0 I'm good.

tbd.