Trailer Trash

May the 4th be with you!! (Thursdaily) (Read 14 times)

LB2

Another quick run this morning. I need to get a jump start on work and get to Bass Pro, Walmart, or maybe Orvis to get some fly tying line. I always make some commemorative wingbone turkey callers with the wingbones from turkeys we get on our trips. Hen bones are best for real callers, but gobbler do work. They just don't sound quite as good. Hens are illegal to kill except in certain places that have a fall season, or in some cases, a bearded hen is legal in the spring. I do have a hen wingbone, and I valued it at $75,000. I doubt anyone else would think it was worth that much, but that is about what it would take for me to part with it.

QOTD 1: Do you do anything "crafty" to commemorate events or adventures you go on?

I make the wingbones, but I also keep tail fans and sometimes display them. I am drying some now from two turkeys I killed in Alabama. I'll put them on a board and put them in my friend's man cave to commemorate those two trips.

AND/OR QOTD 2: Are you a big Star Wars fan?

I am a fan, but I am not a psychotic fan of the series. I don't collect a bunch of memorabilia; I don't obsess about the character backgrounds, etc. I do know people who do.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Another chilly May day on tap today. It's actually great comfortable running weather for one who runs. Me, I just jog so prefer it a bit warmer. Haha. Last night, the schoolhouse/hemlock loop out at the lake. Pretty quiet out there. Baker met his friend Willa who we had not seen since the fall probably. A nice friendly lab mix, very fit. About 4 miles for the loop, pretty slow but under an hour at least. Slightly faster than brisk walking pace!

QOTD: No, I am not the crafty type. Pics mostly but that's not crafty. I dabbled in under water photography for a few years back in the late 90's but never had any serious equipment. It was sort of fun though chasing critters underwater with mask and fins. Back in those days though you did not know if you had any decent pictures until the negatives/prints came back. I did get a few good ones now and then of angel fish, turtles, coral scenes, etc.

QOTD2: Not a big Star Wars fan, in fact pay little attention to it. I do like Star Trek though. We are streaming Discovery right now on Paramount+. We have one more season to go, then will move on to Picard.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

5 EZ almost not predawn miles this a.m.

Still watching the live stream of the Cocodona 250.  Talk about a productivity killer.   5 people have finished, including the 1st female who came in 4th overall.  I was checking it last evening and when The Hub asked me what I was doing and I told him, his comment wasn't exactly positive. 

QOTD: Nothing crafty to commemorate an event or adventure, although I'm thinking of asking my buddy who quilts to make quilt out of some running shirts I don't wear.  I do like to knit and am currently working on a quilt.  I want to see how the pattern turns out.  If I like it, I'll buy some nicer yarn and make one for my nephew and his fiance for their wedding.  They both have good jobs and are combing 2 households and don't need $4 or stuff, so maybe they'd appreciate something homemade.  *shrug*

QOTD: Not really.  I like initial movies, but never got into the later stuff.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Did 4 mi this morning, felt a little better than yesterday but I could tell that my legs would turn to mush if I went a few miles more.

qotd 1: Nope. But I do keep photos on my phone.

qotd 2: Just a typical fan I guess, I've seen all the movies at some point. These days I just wait for them to Stream somewhere and don't go to the movies.  But I do have a fun fact;  today "May the 4th" is my DD's birthday  -  we're going for sushi tonight !!!.

tbd.

runtraildc

No run yet today. Worked early and now I'm home and just tired. I need to lay the first row of blocks in the new garden wall so I think that might be my crafty project for this afternoon. I'll run before I go in tomorrow.

qotd:  I'm not crafty in LB's sense, but I do consider myself crafty. We're in a very small house with two residents with lots of hobbies, so we have to watch 'stuff'. Don't ask about the garage.  Meanwhile, I need to get out to the garden...

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (700') with DW and Tiny Elvis; today is our last day of the heat wave, we go back to the 60's (and even a few 50's) starting tomorrow- that's the way me and TE like it! 

qotd1: no but my buddy is a high school ceramics teacher and I've been on a few adventures with him and he's done some cool stuff; my favorite coffee mug for our R2R2R and then a small plaque when we did a bison hunt in the Beartooth Wilderness.

qotd: I'm a fan; I've seen all the movies (I think), but would lose a trivia contest on names of characters, which order the films were to have taken place, places etc, no memorabilia

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √