Trailer Trash

Finally Weekender (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

I just put this here for effect earlier today, now I’ll add some info.

After DNFing HR in 2014 I’ve been running qualifiers and applying to the lottery ever since.  That’s 6 lotteries (one was skipped due to snow), so the 7th time is a charm I guess.  Amazingly I was the 3rd person drawn this year, the lottery gods gave me a break so I didn’t have to sweat it too far today. Now all I have to do is train my butt off and avenge my DNF.  

Back to ‘real life’, I ran 12 mi this morning. It was really damp and foggy but was cool so it felt good.

tbd.

Sandy, woohoo on HR!  And you didn't have to wait too long either...  didn't have time to finish your first cup of coffee! 

I had fun morning at the WSER lottery.  Didn't get picked (either the regular lottery, or the raffle, or the drawing for attendees) but it was enjoyable and motivating.  CIM tomorrow!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Congratulations, Sandy!!

Have fun at CIM, Gatsby.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Finally, Sandy! Congratulations.

Good luck Gatsby (and sorry about WSER).

6.5 miles in the woods with the saturday group this morning. While that may sound like a group run, we are typically break off by distance and pace. I haven't been out on the trails a lot lately, so with my old shoes, dry slippery leaves and a lot of roots, I was tired. Chowder was too.

Sandy-2

Thanks all.

Gatsby, sorry about WSER (I know the feeling), go get em at CIM!!!

tbd.

LB2

Congratulations Sandy!!

Basically did yard work this weekend. I am a little ahead on my mileage goals (somehow...). Today is a rest day.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- finally, nice! 

Gatsby- good luck!

5 miles with DW and Tiny Elvis yesterday.  Found a tree along the way too.

Will head out for a few miles with TE and maybe strength train later.

Oh yeah- the Griz are in the quarter finals after beating up Eastern Washington Friday night (and avenging a loss earlier in the season).  Eight teams left and two of them from Montana- not sure that's ever happened before, but pretty cool!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Nice tree mt, jealous, we haven’t gotten ours yet but when we do we venture way out to the local grocery store. 

Slept in this morning, didn’t sleep too well last night. But then I did 8 mi on the MTB and then 4 mi running.  It was pretty warm today, went to the spot where the alligator hangs out but I didn’t see it.  The brick training is wonky on the legs. But need to get used to it for the AR in two weeks.

tbd.

CIM done!  4:38:50.  Not my best, but also not my worst.  Since I just got the bib 10 days ago, I'm happy with it.  Perfect running conditions, mid-40s at the start and mid-50s at the finish.  Started in Folsom (yes, as in Folsom Prison) and ended at the capitol building in Sacramento.  Good bands and DJs and a good number of spectators along the course.  But ugh, that's a lot of pavement pounding and my shins are a little sore.  And those aid stations really need to up their game, just giving out water, electrolyte, and a few GUs and bananas!   No Coke, chips or PBJ!   

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Way to go!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Nice job Margaret!!!  You’ll turn into a road racer if you’re not careful.   Too funny about the aid stations.

tbd.

Pain is my friend

Good luck at HR Sandy. That is one race I have never put in for and don't think I ever will. It sounds like tons of fun but I know I do better at other races.

Congrats gatsbybird on CIM. I love that course. I need to go back some day.

Killed my weekend long run. 18 miles flat and solo. I ave a 7:01 pace. didn't think I could run that fast for that long. It has been a very long time since I have run this fast for that long. The last 6 miles were just under 7 min pace. Almost all my miles were within a 20 sec window.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?