Trailer Trash

Friday Fun (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Happy pre-weekend, folks. Chowder and I got in a walk this morning along the creek, and I'll get some strength training in later.  We turned the AC off last night and the next week is looking pretty fine.

qotd: Weekend plans? Heading out to the midwest next week, so hanging around the house mostly. Cleaning, gardenwork, and some running.  I have also volunteered with the springer rescue group to help drive a new dog to it's foster home.  81 pounds-- he's a big boy. Thankfully, they report he's very friendly.

Hoping for a light day at work. Ran 8 yesterday, SRD today. 

runtrail, very cool that you are helping the rescue dog.

QOTD: LR tomorrow, visiting my dad, and chores. I’m leading a trail run on Sunday, around 13 miles.  It’s in a watershed area that’s closed to the public but I’m a trail docent so I can lead runs and hikes.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 mile hill workout with TE early

qotd: DW is heading to the Flathead for a baby shower and probably staying a couple of days with relatives, sooooo Tiny Elvis and I will be batching it   might do an overnighter tomorrow in the Elkhorns????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

30 min of core/ST.  Not my best effort, but at least I did it.

QOTD: I'll be working tomorrow and will probably be working with The Hub at one of his jobs on Sunday, so it means my weekend is pretty much gonna suck since when I work with The Hub I'm usually on the business end of a rake.  Although it does entail a lot of squatting up and down to clean up garbage can all the green waste, so it's kinda like cross training.   I'll ride my bike to work tomorrow and do a long ride home.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I ran/hiked 3.5 miles this morning. I had to go to a funeral this morning. Such a sad thing. I went to a high school on Monday and saw a friend who works there while I was doing my business. I was busy. I waved, nodded, said hello. She did the same. I've known her husband my whole life and her for 20+ years. I made a mental note to take some time to chat with her when I went back to the school today. Tuesday morning she got killed in a car crash. Tomorrow is never a guarantee.

QOTD: I got a new Ryobi, battery-powered weedeater. So, I'll do some yard work, running, swimming, may tap into something a little more relaxing than beer, just for the anti-inflammatory benefits after my long run.

LB2

Running Problem

Problem Child

Mixed on how long/far I want to run. 12-13 planned for tomorrow, and kind of trying to keep 50 miles a week as "a thing." I'm kind of leaning towards being lazy and doing 4-5. It's too nice outside to ruin it with lots of running. 

Weekend plans are to take my son to a fair about 90 minutes away and end it with some monster truck/tuff truck watching. A non-running friend invited me, and I think the kid would enjoy it. Sunday is Water Park day so he should be nice and exhausted Sunday night. If I'm lucky I'll get to run with my friends on Sunday morning.

Runtraildc As always, thanks for volunteering. I don't do it enough (not connected/don't search out opportunities) and I always thank volunteers because I know it's a big reason events happen.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

NorthernHarrier

Been alternating days between trail running and mountain biking so today was 5.5 trail miles. Our bugs here have all but disappeared, maybe because it's been so dry but whatever the reason I'm good with it. The work on my shack continues and will until late Sept. A lot of noise and the yard and driveway are in chaos. I'll tap into whatever LB is using medicinally to get me thru the next few weeks.

runtrail--I watched the Springer site for many years off and on. Nice that your active there.   We are now Springerless for the first time in nearly 40 years as we had to put our last one down a couple weeks ago. We'll wait until next summer to get another so we can do a few things dogless. It sure is empty and quiet without one though. 

QOTD--make several baskets of kindling. Move some big rocks I've got scatterd around as I'm going to build an epic fire pit once the work is done and my excavator comes back to fix our driveway and preps my area. A little trail running and mountain biking.

XtremeTaper

Plan to run out at the lake tonight, maybe 7 miles. We'll see. I'll be solo as Baker passed on running again last night. So drove back from the trail and did 3 mile loop in the hood then a short swim in the pool.

QOTD:. Get in a round of golf tomorrow or Sunday. A few runs in the woods. The missus mentioned cleaning the shed but the neighbor's trees impinge on our property and I always have to duck while mowing a few swipes on the property line so maybe some tree trimming instead. The neighbor does not care if I zap his trees. In fact the wind periodically knocks down large branches on his property and mine. They are no threat to the house but due for a cleanup.

There will be some kickback time too on the deck with cold beer(s). The weather looks great. Low humidity, sunny, low to mid 80's.

Runtrail - that is a huge springer! Must eat well, too much!

LB2 - Awful about your friend.

Harrier - Dang, did not know you lost your dog. Such sad stuff. We have that in our future soon unfortunately.

Running Problem - Sounds like a lot of fun. I was a big fan of a 50 mile base week between training back in the day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walk day...maybe 1.5.  

Qotd:  working on the deck...ran tomorrow so maybe a movie.  

harrier;  sorry to hear about your dog....not rushing it but when Jack goes....I plan on a dog less tear to travel.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄