Trail Runners

What percentage of your miles are trails? (Read 160 times)

I'm just curious. I know I try to run trails all the time, but weekdays I sometimes won't have time to get to a trailhead so I run from home. SO, I would estimate, miles-wise about 10% are on roads. And I do almost all my long runs on trails. Rarely do anything over 5 miles on road nowadays.
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Blaine Moore (MM#2867)

Most weeks I estimate that I run about 1/3 of my miles on trails. That can vary from 0% to 60% though.

Run to Win
      24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

If I count only dirt 40-50%. if I consider beach workouts then 80% of my running time.
        Find the fun.
          At least 95% of my miles are on trails, closer to 100% most weeks...

Ultrachick

Once the trails are clear then I think about 80% of my runs are on trails with the rest being mostly dirt roads and a little pavement to get to the dirt roads. Spring is coming.... Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              Unfortunately I can only run trails on the weekend. It varies from 20-50% http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
              Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

Cat in a Pot

Only able to run trails on weekends, but Saturday is my long run day with only two days in the middle of the week devoted to running. So maybe 50/50 when all is said and done?? Confused

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
                Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place