UK Ultra Runners

South Downs Way 103 miles (Read 522 times)

For that course David, that is a very good time.

I am the proud owner of the inaugural Leith Hill Half marathon in 2008, here are my comments after the race

In short: Awesome!
    In full: The organisation for this race was second to none in my experience. Dr Rob and his team have gone to considerable lengths with videos of the route, how to get there, a good detailed map of the course and marshalling before the race to find the school and help with parking. Booking in took 45 seconds and I was out getting ready to warm up.
    This race can be best described as "challenging" but that is what I expect when I go to a Trionium race, pure mud and hill.
    Marshalls were brilliant and due to the nature of the course , yellow arrows and chevron tape were more than sufficient. Thanks to the St John's Ambulance our unsung heros and heroines for their time and effort.
    I am sitting here wearing my run t-shirt (with name on back) with a huge grin on my face with my paper weight trophy glinting in the sun, pride and place on the mantel piece.
    Thank you all, I just loved this race...see there again next year.

So I can imagine the extra bit made it even better doing the half in a similar time of 2:05:36

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily