Whitefish High School

Again to Carthage (Read 300 times)

Thanks, yea, 30,000 is not a lot so i don't know if they will have it here. There wasn't much snow here, until last week we were skiing laps on a a 1k loop of man-made snow but it snowed about 6 inches two nights ago and 8 inches last night so its getting a little better. I think i should have a pretty good base from the ski season from the cardio aspect but I am not going to be able to put in any real running miles until the end the march or early april just cause of skiing but is that enough time if the race is early June? I'll let my dad know you saw Tracy, he came up to whitefish when i was about 8 and i remember having a crush on his daughter, but i havn't seen him since then.
      Bill, I assume you have now finished the book? How was it?
        Actually, I'm about half way through. It's one of those that I could have read in a day, but I want to draw it out as long as I can. I'm withholding judgement about my feelings of the book. I think it has potential, but I would expect that some pretty good things have to come about in the second half. You know how it is, you really want it to be a great book about exciting and motivating running. It's kind of like the first book. There are chapters that really get you thinking, and then there are others that make you think, "what the heck........" I know it's been enough for me to keep looking forward to picking it up. So... When do I get to see your goals? Bill
          Running Goals for 2008 • Be Top 7 on the Whitman Women’s Varsity Cross Country Team • Help the team make it to nationals • Beat a certain someone in the Whitefish Lake Run • Have fun racing in the spring • Look and feel strong • DON’T GET BURNED OUT How to Achieve these Goals • Build mileage slowly following Malcom’s plan (15, 20, 18, 23, 21, 26…) • One long run/week (20-25%) • One or two hard runs/week (5-10%) • Doing at least 6 sets of abs/week • Lifting twice a week • Eat healthy food No excuses * * Taken from Jacob Fern’s December 5, 2007 running log entry
            I am open to any comments or suggestions Smile
            Jacob Fern

No excuses.
              I think I said the same thing in my goals for next year... no more excuses.
                No excuses. I second that.
                  I know. I actually stole that from you... I should have cited you...
                    Hey janna~ see how my quote thingy looks different? how do I actually quote somebody?
                    Jacob Fern

click on the quote button above that person's post.... then you can take out what you don't want to quote, and it will look all pretty and stuff.
                        I also just got a list of races our team is planning on doing this spring so I thought I would include that... some of them sound pretty exciting! UW Indoor Open--Seattle; Sunday, February 17 (Open 3000m) Snake River 1/2 Marathon--(near) Pullman; Saturday, March 1 WSU 100k--(near) Pullman; Sunday, April 20 (10-leg, 100k road relay) Bloomsday--Spokane; Sunday, May 4th (12k road race) There are a couple other events the status of which is still in flux. First, we're planning on doing two one-mile time trials to bookend the season (since everyone always asks how fast we can run a mile), tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 2nd and Tuesday, May 6th. We are also planning on doing one other travel-meet--either Willamette's Charles Bowles Spring Break Classic (Friday, March 21) or their Invitational (Saturday, April 5).
                          That seattle race is a great place to go after a new pr in the 3000 (3200 pr less approx. 40 seconds). It's a fantastic track and a good time to show off your winter training. Bloomsday. Wow, maybe we'll see you in the throng on 40,000 runners. It looks like a nice schedule to me. Lot's of opporunity to race. It will be fun to see what you can do in a 5000 on the track outdoors. Now, let's see if I have this figured out..... If a person were to run in the winter, they would be in a good position to race well in the spring, right out of the chute, so to speak. I think, I'm going to try that. Bill
                            Glad we're all on the same page Smile Also, I wanted to see if you, or Jacob or whoever else happens to read this, had any brilliant ideas on how to not burnout on running in the off-season. I think looking forward to races in the spring will help somewhat, but I seem to always have a really hard time staying motivated, especially when my mileage starts to get somewhat higher and I get tired. That happened last winter not too bad but the summer was really terrible and it made the cross country season seem to drag on forever when it should have gone by in a flash. I really just want to prevent it as much as possible because once it starts its a downward spiral...
                            Jacob Fern

I really wish I was around for bloomsday again this year... that was a really fun race. I also wish I could do the snow joke, but that's not really an option. So far, I have no plans for spring races.... there will be tons of weekend races put on by NYRR, so I'll probably do some of those. There really isn't any track program, so I won't be doing that in the spring, and in a way I'm glad. Like a lot of people who did XC, i was never a big fan of track. I hope to just be able to have fun with it, and get myself ready to really kick it up once running camp starts. As far as not burning out, I don't know if I'm the one to ask. Although, keep this in mind: last year, right about this exact time of year, I remember that we were both kind of struggling to keep motivated. We both made some goals for the new year, and that seemed to keep us going at least until track season. Are you going to make a goal to run every day again? I was telling Bill that I've never made that goal in the past because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it. But even if you don't do it, you'll get a lot farther than you would have if you never made the goal in the first place, so in the end, it did what it was supposed to do: get you motivated to go run.
                                I think i'll run bloomsday too! that sounds sweet, about not getting burned out i would recommend finding someone with similar goals cause even just having one other person to meet and go train with helps a lot and it's funner training with someone most of the time i think, running every single day? maybe a good idea but if it ever came up on a day where is was just really imposible to run, ie. a deathly sickness or travel or too much hw or whatever you might just be really sad you missed a day and then be really unmotivated if that makes sense but idk, i probably shouldn't even giving advice umm.... yea, hope that helps maybe kinda sorta.