Christian Runners

Audacious Prayer (Read 8 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody--

Since my church is closed, my daughter invited me to log into her church's website and watch their online service.  It was fantastic.  There was a little too much singing at the beginning, but the preacher was great and he gave a great message.  His assignment to us all was to pray "audaciously".  He explained that we tend to pray for things that we know are doable.  We do this because we don't want to be disappointed when our prayers are not answered.  He encouraged us to stop thinking like that and to not hold anything back.  God can do anything!  If we truly believe that God is awesome and can do great things, then why would't we pray for things that seem impossible?  So, today, I prayed that we would find a cure for the Coronavirus...TODAY.  It would be easy to pray for a cure and then, six months from now when they found it say, "See, there?  I prayed for it and here it is."  No--we need a cure TODAY.

That was my audacious prayer.  What is yours?

Also that we find a cure for CV TODAY.  The feet this thing has is truly amazing, not not in an awe-inspiring way.  

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wingz

Professional Noob

Today I had the audacity to ask God to show up during my trip to pick up my groceries.  Yep.  A 5-minute window to ask the Almighty to jump through a hoop just to say hello.

I think, in a way, that's about as audacious as you can get - expecting God to do what you ask of Him when you ask it.

And yet... that was the smoothest, most pleasant grocery pick-up I've had to-date.  Everything was there, they came promptly, I didn't have to wait, the person delivering seemed to be in a good mood, my trunk opened easily (doesn't usually), and everything just kind of flowed.

It's not fireworks or something huge like a cure for Covid... but who am I to ask Him to do something for me?

Who am I, that the Lord would graciously acquiesce to show himself... and on my timeframe and at my request?

Just sayin'.

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm almost a year late to respond, Wingz, but that's pretty darn cool.  

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance