Christian Runners

March 2016 (Read 6 times)

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

Maybe we can get something going in here, see how everyone's doing on a monthly basis, what your schedule looks like, etc.

After nothing but trouble and heartache last year, I am looking forward to a brighter, more productive 2016.  In February I did a local 8 3/4 mile race and ran my first 50k in well over a year - the Hagg Lake Mud Run - with "mud" being the main issue.  Egads!  I survived.

The rest of my year looks like the following:

March 19 - 4MPH Challenge, Whiskeytown, CA

June 4 - Grasshopper Peaks 30k, So. Humboldt County, CA

June 17 and 18 - Wild Rogue Relay, Applegate Lake to Brookings, OR

June 25 and 26 - Volunteer at Western States

July 23 and 24 - Pick Your Poison 24 Hr, Portland, OR

And maybe one or two other things thrown in for good measure.  We'll see.

So what's on ya'll's agenda?

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm doing four of the five marathons in the New England Challenge in May.  After that, I'm heading to Oregon for the Portland Marathon in October.  I also plan to stay busy by getting more involved with the high school cross country team starting in August.  Yeah--that should keep me busy.

Hi Ya, MikeEEE!  Four marathons in one month??

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Lacer

I am running my first marathon in 4 years on 5/1. (Yikes, I hadn't realized it's been that long until I typed it out!) Hpping to survive.  Another marathon this fall, a few smaller races in between.

Looking for someone to share my faith with and "lead" me when necessary (as much as two internet strangers can, lol). Life hasn't turned out the way I thought it would, I sometimes struggle with the faith that this is all according to God's plan, for His purpose, and that my worries are neither to great nor to insignificant for Him.

Hi, Lacer - How'd your marathon go???  We'd love to hear all about it.

I think it's safe to say we've all faced the struggle of trying to figure out what God's plan is for our lives.  Five years ago I would never have thought God's plan was for my and my husband's life to be turned completely upside down and inside out, but it's exactly what was needed to get us back on the right path.  As hard as it was go through, I am so thankful now.  I have a husband who has been sober for 5 years and we actually have  marriage and we're walking with God and we're happy.  Go figure! 

So hang in there and keep praying.  He may not bring you the answers you thought you would get or thought you needed, but He will bring you answers.

Now tell us about that marathon!!  

-------------------------------------------

My 4MPH Challenge - which would have ended with 36 miles - didn't go as planned and I ended up with (only) 24.  However, my new trail running buddy used is to run her first ultra and ran 36.  Woot woot!!  She did a great job.  Next up for me is playing "Sweep" at Grasshopper Peak. As sweep, I get a supported LR for free,  I get a shirt, I get a finisher's medal . . . I get to kill myself pulling course markings for 18.6 miles on a freaking tough course . . . what more could you ask for?!?

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance