Circle North

Boston 2016 (Read 21 times)

Maggie and I are in.

And for the record here as I posted on FB

As many of you know; I sustained an injury to my soleus muscle & Achilles tendon late in my training cycle.  This forced me to miss a critical stretch of my training and there just wasn’t enough time to recover.  So it is with much disappointment that I am officially withdrawing from the BAA Marathon.  I appreciate all the support I have received and may try to qualify again at a later date if health and life circumstances permit.  While I probably could still go and complete the course, that just isn’t my style and I wouldn’t find any sense of joy or accomplishment in it.

While running in the Boston marathon was something of a bucket list item for me, qualifying was the main objective for me and I am proud to have done so, long after my prime running years.  I will still go to expo in Boston this weekend, get my number and a jacket and always have them as a keepsake of qualifying for the big race.  My injuries feel as though they are healing and I will likely start running again in a few weeks. In the meantime, I wish my fellow runners the best of luck, I will be with you in spirit.

What was I chasing again?

For once....you're not being a dumbass.  Bummer to hear about but a very smart move.  Heel Heal up.

Fro

Damn Rob - sorry to hear this news. But agree that you are being smart for sure. Besides, I'm looking forward to some speed sessions this summer and more beatings. Heal up punk!

I will be driving into the BAA Expo on Sunday morning if anyone wants to head in with me. I don't mind staying for an hour or two but need to be back by 2pm or so. Hit me up on the cell, FB, email or here at running ahead.

Cell 617-835-8844

L Train

Good luck to those running Boston.

Good luck to those running Boston.

Marty Walsh thanks you.

Good luck Boston runners. Soak it all in. You earned it, now go get it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Have a great run guys and gals.  My spirit runs with you all.

GregM

Thanks for the support.

And good luck to all our runners.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

PREDICTIONS:

1) Alicia 3:12

2) Andy 3:14

3) Mad Mike 3:17

4) Greg M 3:23

5) Rob K (under the radar ... surprise finish)

6) Michelle 3:36

7) Tall Dave 3:39

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Go get 'em Circle North!  Very excited for you all, hope to be there myself next year.

Fro

Have a blast CN! Looking forward to following you this afternoon - thanks for giving me something to do at work today - LOL.

Fro

Anyone else watching the Boston tracking module? I am staring at them running on a map like it's really them... VERY COOL. Everyone looks strong. AC and the O are throwing some fast splits down. Check on the tracking function if you aren't already.

Tracking not working well for me. Keep posting updates please.

GO CN!!!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

AC: 1/2: 1:36:43

O: 1/2: 1:36:43

Mad Mike: 20k: 1:34:38

Greg M: 20k: 134:40

Dave: 10k: 52:11

Michelle: 10k: 52:27

Fast a furious... Looks like AC and Andy are running together...