Circle North

Sanford Springvale 10-Miler Confirmed: Saturday September 6, 2014 @ 5:30 pm (Read 19 times)

L Train

So here's the course Mike is talking about, it's a little long but you could adjust it:

Fake race 1

Here's what I would do though.

Simple

Either way, I'm actually an unlikely participant.  A 10 mile race is not in the cards for me right now.  In a few weeks, maybe.

I choose not to run.

Not for a few more hours anyway.

In:

Rob

greg C

Egad

Gwen

Mad mike

Ok, here my route suggestion.

Start at the Nasson Gym, run to first parking area just before the Acton Fairgrounds (We can even park a car there and plant some water/gu whatever.  We can even run to that vehicle in order to pick up a wristband or token or whatever. Gab some water if you want, and run back to the Gym.  Fairly flat and the back half is even a gradual down hill.  And out and back will also give folks a chance to see how far ahead, behind they are at the half way point as well.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Yep, that was essentially the second route and exactly what I would do.  It will be slightly more than 10, like 10.2.  You have to determine if you are running S Curve.

MacJim

I'm in and I'll get back to you on a prediction.

I'm down with that suggestion.  We may get caught in a storm but that will make it more interesting.

My salty dogs

Yep, that was essentially the second route and exactly what I would do.  It will be slightly more than 10, like 10.2.  You have to determine if you are running S Curve.

I want in.  And the S Curve is a must.

Michelle Sherman and I are in. What time? 5:30?

I want in.  And the S Curve is a must.

Agreed. Hop on a plane.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I believe we said same time, same date as the originally scheduled race so let's meet and plan to begin at Nasson for 5:30 pm. Is everyone on board with that?

Michelle Sherman and I are in. What time? 5:30?

My salty dogs

Got my ticket but  I'll be there to run on Sat. October 11th.

Agreed. Hop on a plane.

Ok, let's land this plane.

I need one person to meet me at Nasson at 4:45 (5pm latest), just post below.  We can run down to the turn around point, which will a little dirt parking lot across from Iron Tails just before the Acton Fairgrounds.

We'll Leave a cooler on the tailgate along with some wristbands or hair-ties to show you made it there.  I'll pack the cooler with some water and Gatorade as well.  If it gets stolen or the rabbit is really mean, you will need to either carry your own from the start, suffer or stop at Ted's. (The rabbit should still be ahead unless you; A: Suck at predicting your time, B: You totally sandbagged it, or C: Plan to kill yourself by mile 6, or Dougy it).

Everyone else can meet in the Nasson parking lot by 5:30, lets try to start on time, we wouldnt want it to get too cool.  We'll get everyone's prediction and stagger the start accordingly.  Let the rabbit go first and then release the hounds!  I would imagine that we should all be done at about 1:20-1:25 minutes later.  So spouses, children, ect... can crash the after party at Mad-Mikes, 3 John St (aka... 3 Dirt Rd) at 7pm. If someone dies, we will retrieve the corpse when someone runs me back to get the cooler.  If I am the corpse, I won't give a shit about my cooler.

Mike, Outside of the cooler, Gatorade and water, do you want Maggie and I to bring any burgers, chips, rolls, beer ect...?  Just say the word.

Expected runners:

Rob, Greg C, Egad, Gwen, Mad mike, MacJim, Michelle (more welcome)

What was I chasing again?

Pam is thinking about running. She was registered for the original race.

I might be able to make it that far.

Paul Toth has been emailing me asking about it also. I guess he was training for the original race too.

I missed the whole conversation regarding the prediction thing. How is this working ?

I can probably make it in about 1:40 - 2:00 without needing a ride. Unless Steve shows up. Then much,much faster. Does that still get me a burger ?