Circle North

Boston 2014 tracking (Read 17 times)

L Train

3:41:49 Jim.

L Train

Tough day for Doug.  Seems like a pretty good day for Dave given everyone else.

L Train

Michelle might be Doug......

3:38:31

L Train

Jim in Wells has slowed, Carol and Janice seem to be hanging on OK.

That's just what I was thinking.  Wondering if heat played a factor in this for others?

Greg 3:09:47, which looks like a fantastic effort given what it seems like happened to nearly everyone else I followed.

Greg M - 3:30:17

Jim 3:40+ and still on the course.  Eff.  I hope he'll be OK.

<script id="lpjs_csid" defer="defer"></script>
            L Train

Wondering if heat played a factor in this for others?

That's my main theory right now.  It's the only way to explain so many big misses (not here, but elsewhere on RA).

L Train

Carol 4:05:51.  Beat her completely imaginary made up goal by 4+ minutes.

L Train

Gadman is funny.  Apparently also trying to exactly hit his completely made up imaginary goal.

L Train

4:15:39.

Sorry, man.  Fail.

Better luck next time.

L Train

Seriously though, with what you went through.  Nice work.  Have some ice and get some beer on that knee.  Or something.

L Train

Ouch.  Am I right that 3:30:17 is 17 seconds short for Greg M's BQ?

mta: I think I am.  That would mean that Doug, Greg, Tom and Jim all have to run another marathon before September.

Just goes to show how well you can train and still how hard it can be for everything to align and have a great race.

You are all winners in my book.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

You are all winners in my book.

Who are you?

Yeah the marathon sucks that way.  Everything lined up for one shot and one little thing goes wrong....There are people on RA that have been running 400-450 mile months and had the same thing happen.

In any case, before it got dark, I'm sure it was a fantastic experience, and hopefully can be remembered as such.

L Train

Jim is in - 4:58:07.

"Beep, Beep!"

Thanks for the tracking. Held it pretty steady. Very crowded and HOT.  Passed 100's of runners in the last 10k. Sweet.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!