Circle North

Maine Coast 2015 (Read 21 times)

Fro

LOL - you all are very funny... Thanks Bob for being so generous - yes indeed broken is the correct word and yes the Loco race folks felt very bad for my time last weekend and decided to donate all the smuttynose I could drink - like that will make me any faster.

So, race day is fast upon us. Let's hear some predictions and goals.

I predict I will pick flowers, eat snacks, and do whatever the hell seems like a good idea at the time as long as I finish before they kick me off the course.

I predict TD will beat his Boston time.

Doug will experiment with pickle juice and mustard to ward off cramps, and at least one of them will cause him to have to stop and poop.

Mr. Leigh will magically run another really good time despite being old and broken.

Whatcha got?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I think Doug should experiment with different types of mustard. He should try a spicy brown.

I may choose not to run.

I've got the perfect race for you.

I may choose not to run.

Doug may have the runs and choose not to stop to the utter horror of those running behind him.

I may choose not to run.

What was I chasing again?

Hey Bob, looking at that group pic of Maine Coast alums from the 80's. That woman wearing #3, what's her deal? Was she like 5 years old when she ran it the first time?

Randall

Year 2013

Kelly (Bennet) Brown

age 49

time 3:30

I heard on the radio that it will be in the 80's Sunday. How great is that? Perfect racing conditions.

It does make snow unlikely, so there's that.

Maybe Doug could run in your shadow for shade

I heard on the radio that it will be in the 80's Sunday. How great is that? Perfect racing conditions.

What was I chasing again?

Fro

Good luck this weekend - kill it or survive it.... 80s do not sound fun.

MacJim

Kinda makes me want to drink pickle juice that's been warmed up to a perfect 98.6 degrees right about mile 20. Yummy!!!

When do you take the shot of mustard?

Fro

no clue, but sounds like you should just squirt it on a dog with krout and a beer while you're at it - just sayin...