Circle North

Boston Marathon 2019 (Read 12 times)

Fro

Wow - did you see the the gap this year for getting into Boston - had to beat standard by 4:52 - yikes! Here's a question for the gang. Should they adjust the standard next year - make it 5 minutes harder for all? Less people not getting in...

Fro

Congrats to those who got in!

Doug

Mike

Dave

Carol

Laurie

Others?

To those who BQ'd but didn't get in - yikes. That's a tough time to BQ by for sure - you still earned it - just run faster next time!

Wow - did you see the the gap this year for getting into Boston - had to beat standard by 4:52 - yikes! Here's a question for the gang. Should they adjust the standard next year - make it 5 minutes harder for all? Less people not getting in...

They already did this yesterday. 2020 times are now 5 minutes lower across the board.

Good luck on Monday, knuckleheads!

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

Good luck all - will be watching online for sure!

Tracking is operational. Kinda funny, Mike and Doug have been running 20 minutes or so but their little running man icons are still running in place at the starting line. I assume it will stay that way until they hit 5k. Guessing TD is in a later wave because it shows him not started yet.

Mike just hit 10k with Doug not far behind, both rolling sensible S8TB pace. TD has started but no splits yet.

Interesting, through 15k Doug and Mike seem to have settled into the exact same pace and are very close to each other but looks like just far enough apart that maybe no visual contact. TD's off to an excellent start through 10k as well.

Interesting, through 15k Doug and Mike seem to have settled into the exact same pace and are very close to each other but looks like just far enough apart that maybe no visual contact. TD's off to an excellent start through 10k as well.

Now at 20k it looks like they're together. Doug's 20k split was a little faster but it still shows Mike with a slight lead. Both on pace for 3:26-3:27ish.

Mike 1:43:35 at the half. Bit of a pickup going on.

Doug 1:43:26. Both getting peppy.

TD steady low 8s through 15k.

Looks like TD's just about to the half steady as anything. I think Mike must have started a corral or so before Doug so all this maybe they're close together business is moot. In any case they're approaching the firehouse turn, so the real business is about to begin. Meanwhile, I'm gonna go for a very short and slow jog around Sanford.

Mike doing what Mike does with just a few to go. Doug not far behind but has slowed. Looks like TD's just about over Heartbreak.

Mike 3:31 flat

Doug 3:36:48

TD just now rolled across in 3:39:30

Laurie's almost done, on pace for a 3:49

Nice work all.

Awesome job guys!

What was I chasing again?

Fro

Nice job all!