Circle North

Vermont Cities, I mean, City (Read 21 times)

L Train

For me, this is probably a dumb idea, but it sort of works for a few reasons:

- the family is more or less on board because we are really only talking about extending the pain of race scheduling and whatnot by 2 weeks, not into our summer.

- I pulled the plug early at Maine Coast

- I'm in decent shape.

It is stupid for other reasons:

- Average temps at VC are like a low of 50 and a high of 71.   Sound familiar?

- My weird hamstring issue that really only started in the last week is accompanied by a quad issue, feels like a bruise.

- This sort of feels like doubling down on a seven against a dealer's 8.  Like I'm taking a bad situation and making it worse, voluntarily.

I guess worst case is that I'm out $500 or whatever after travel and hotel and registration and whatever, and we get a short family jaunt to VT.  I think that's the way I need to look at it, and if I happen to get a magical 45 degree rainy morning, then maybe I have a chance at a BQ to boot.

L Train

I have no idea how to do this, and everyone has a different opinion. I'll post links for info for any of us.  I think we are each on our own to figure it out.  I have the advantage because I did not run a marathon.

Racing 2 marathons

hillrunner.com

a runningahead thread

L Train

Higdon says this:

<h6>Two weeks between</h6>

With only two weeks between marathons, you really don't have time to train. Focus instead on recovery. Maintain the same high-carbohydrate diet between marathons one and two that you (hopefully) did before the first. Schedule a massage 48 to 72 hours after the first marathon and (if your budget permits) a second massage before the second. You may want to do as much walking as running in the workouts below. The 6-mile run suggested for Saturday very definitely should not be fast. And what do I mean when I prescribe "1-2 hours" on Sunday? To be quite honest, I'm not quite sure. Let your body dictate whether you want to spend that time running, walking, cross-training or just lying in front of a TV set. Regardless of what you do during these two weeks, you are not going to improve your fitness. So concentrate instead on easy activities that will promote your recovery.

WEEKMONTUEWEDTHUFRISATSUN
        2 Rest Rest 2 m run 3 m run Rest 6 m run 1-2 hours
        1 Rest 4 m run 2 m run Rest Rest 2 m run Marathon

This looks like an awesome course.  Pretty cool, you can actually travel the entire course through this video: Course Video

Under the right weather conditions and if you race smart, this is a PR course, no doubt.

If it doesn't work out, in another two weeks you can try:

http://www.visitpottercounty.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=111&CFID=16401702&CFTOKEN=41898346

Maybe you can get a discount if you book your rooms earlier this time. 

What was I chasing again?

At this rate we'll have to start going out to eat as a group only before every 3'rd marathon or so or we'll all go broke.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Here is the key phase on this thread.

So concentrate instead on easy activities that will promote your recovery.

Like kissing up to the wife or significant other so she doesn't cut off your johnson prior to the second marathon or while trying to recover from the second one.  If she does do it in between, you can benefit from the lower BQ qualifying times under the women's standard.  Alycia has no worries about being pruned so she will likely sleep better between the two.

L Train

SunMay 25

Partly Cloudy

73°

51°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:10%WIND:NW at 8 mph

We've seen this movie before - it's called Groundhog Day. 

Actually partly cloudy is good, and 51 low is better than MC.  

So before I come out with new odds?  I had to review my stats.

So before MC, LTrain sucked: 83.33% Assuming: 5/6
                    So now he would be 6/7 or 85.71 (Batting just under .150)
                    Next at bat trying to avoid 87.50 / .123 (I might cut you from Little League with those numbers.)

Look on the bright side, you nail this one you can get back to 75% suck (& .250, surpassing Middlebrooks and Bradley who are at about .200-.205 now.)

Egad may have to go on the 15 day IR or UA2P List.  Anyone got a medical report?

Alycia may be the early line favorite by default.  Positivity brings me down.

Ya this looks very familiar.  If you watch the video, the bike path is shaded and we are on it back and forth for like 8 miles or so.  Sorry to the rest of you holiday weekenders but I am hoping for rain.

SunMay 25

Partly Cloudy

73°

51°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:10%WIND:NW at 8 mph

We've seen this movie before - it's called Groundhog Day. 

Actually partly cloudy is good, and 51 low is better than MC.  

Not on the PUP list just yet and having a good day today so I will remain positive.  Ultrasound Monday will tell the story.  Still planning on smashing the PR.  TBD

So before I come out with new odds?  I had to review my stats.

So before MC, LTrain sucked: 83.33% Assuming: 5/6
                        So now he would be 6/7 or 85.71 (Batting just under .150)
                        Next at bat trying to avoid 87.50 / .123 (I might cut you from Little League with those numbers.)

Look on the bright side, you nail this one you can get back to 75% suck (& .250, surpassing Middlebrooks and Bradley who are at about .200-.205 now.)

Egad may have to go on the 15 day IR or UA2P List.  Anyone got a medical report?

Alycia may be the early line favorite by default.  Positivity brings me down.

No negativity, only positive thinking.

Hi, Mr. Pedantic here chiming in to say there's no such thing as the Vermont Cities Marathon. It's City. Singular. Thank you. I'll kindly fuck off now.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Vermont offers runner tracking at intervals 10 mi, 13.1, 20 mi and the finish.  You can register for a Chronotrack account or input your current credentials (you should already be registered if you ran Mid-Winter Classic or Market Sqaure 10k). http://www.runvcm.org/runnertracking

Oh yeah, and it's still open. Click HERE if you want to register last minute.  Just hop in my car and go.  I'm leaving Saturday at noon and returning about 4-5 pm on Sunday.  Just do it.

<script id="lpjs_csid" defer="defer"></script>

Good luck to you all!!!

Hoping the cloud cover sticks around to help keep thing cool for you all as long as possible.

Just do it!