Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Wow, you both did really awesome! Hot day, challenging course-too bad for the course mistake.

Old Port Half

139    ROBERT KABERLE                    SANFORD  ME          2632    44   M      10 40-44             1:33:09.5      7:06/M

141    DAVID THEOHARIDES                 SANFORD  ME           397    60   M       1 60-64             1:33:12.1      7:07/M

Rob gained 2.6 seconds on TD by taking half as many strides!

I wasn't going to let him hold me back like poor Michelle...lol

2 Seconds for every 10 years, that seems fair.  This will be my PR for 12.7 Miles, or perhaps even better, call it my PR for 20K, that way it is might be a little long.

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

Hey the old fart won his AG... Being 60 deserves to be a couple of seconds slower the RK! Note a PR was accomplished!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Hey the old fart won his AG... Being 60 deserves to be a couple of seconds slower the RK! Note a PR was accomplished!

Dave,

Congrats on the AG win... I thought you had a great chance at it, you've been so solid since last fall at this point.

Pretty fast for an old fart.  Great work.  Rob too.  Congrats guys.

L Train

Note a PR was accomplished!

That's really pretty awesome.

FYI... Dave
                If you plan to run it again next year, you can get a discount if you want.

From main page:

http://www.oldporthalfmarathon.com/

We would like to offer those who were affected by the mistake a discount on next year’s race. Please complete the following form to let us know where to send the discount code and, if you would like, please send me a message about your experience. Thank you again for your participation and feedback.

https://justgiddyup.wufoo.com/forms/xnlfhhz10lgi92/

Cheers
                Erik Boucher
                Race Director
                President GiddyUp Productions

It seems really weird that they keep having problems at that race. They're the same people who put on Pineland Farms, which is always awesome. And when I ran Old Port the first year I was really impressed by how organized it was, you'd never have known it was a first-year race. Ever since then it seems like it's cursed or something.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

"Beep, Beep!"

I did not get chicked!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Any interest out there in Yankee Homecoming 7/29?  Not sure I'm even able or willing to myself and I know y'all  are doing ATL.  Anyway, just trying to see if there is interest before I even consider it.

I'm on the fence. I want to do YH but I also plan to do High St. Mile which is on 8/3, so just a few days later, and I want to run a fasterish mile there than last year.

I did not get chicked!

No, worse... you were Robbed!

For those of you who aren't on FB and might be interested in Baystate this year, there's this, posted today...

Hi everyone-

We are well ahead of last year’s pace on both the marathon and half marathon.

I just checked the numbers and was (pleasantly) surprised to see the marathon is 65% sold out (of the 2,000 entries we will accept). This is well ahead of last year – so thank you for that. For those still on the fence – time to hop in the train – and do it before August 1st to save yourself $5.

So we are now publishing the registration status for the marathon - check it out at our website: http://baystatemarathon.com

Now you know.

Damn you Cremer.  I just registered.

I usually wait at least a couple of hours after I finish a marathon before I register for another. Usually.