Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Home Away From Home

Congrats to Cremer and L Train for being first in the Winner's Circle!  Congrats to the rest of you (Michael, Michelle, & Cuch) for finishing the 50k!

Thanks. looking forward to an easy run tonight.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Great job Pine-landers...  Cremer, Lance, Michael, Michelle, Noel & Cuch

Nice thing about being a Pine-lander is there can be more than one winner.  (queue Queen music)

What was I chasing again?

"Beep, Beep!"

And Noel!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Jim in Wells had a good race too (25K).  And Kristin Bouchard. 

Really anyone who is anyone was there.  Wink

My salty dogs

Jim in Wells had a good race too (25K).  And Kristin Bouchard. 

Really anyone who is anyone was there.  Wink

Yes -- missing this race is my only regret regarding leaving Maine Evil

I'm amazed at how many of you have moved up to the 50K --- I may have to find a way to come visit next year..

Congrats to everyone.  

Haven't seen the results yet, but word on the street is that it's time once again to break out the "Congrats on Another Win" stamp for Mr. Mccullough.

MTA: And then the next day he appeared like the phantom of Kennebunk Beach and kicked my ass. It was kinda weird. Never saw him before the race, never caught him during the race though his back was in sight the entire way, and never saw him after the race. I actually never saw his face at all. 

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

You should run faster. 

You should run faster. 

Next time I'll try that.

L Train

20   6/23   M4049   19:37   6:19 Greg McCullough        49 M   257 Springvale ME          
                       21   2/25   M5059   19:53   6:24 John Webber            54 M   253 Hampton NH             
                       22   7/23   M4049   19:57   6:26 Gregory Creamer        45 M   252 Sanford ME              
                       24   1/25   F4049   20:00   6:27 Laurie Gaudreau        43 F   258 York ME                 
                       30   9/14   M3039   21:08   6:49 Michael Lecompte       35 M   206 Sanford ME

Creamer.  heh.          

Grats all! 

What was I chasing again?

Creamer.  heh.          

The funny thing to me is that when I looked at the results before this, I didn't even notice that my own name was misspelled.

20   6/23   M4049   19:37   6:19 Greg McCullough        49 M   257 Springvale ME          
                             21   2/25   M5059   19:53   6:24 John Webber            54 M   253 Hampton NH             
                             22   7/23   M4049   19:57   6:26 Gregory Creamer        45 M   252 Sanford ME              
                             24   1/25   F4049   20:00   6:27 Laurie Gaudreau        43 F   258 York ME                 
                             30   9/14   M3039   21:08   6:49 Michael Lecompte       35 M   206 Sanford ME

Creamer.  heh.          

Check out  age graded [to age 25] top 15 awards ,

McCullough moves up to 3rd master 17:18 and 14th overall,

LG  18:57 4th overall,  

I lose a spot to 3rd senior 16:50 10th overall ,

Strouty takes the win [2years older] 16:38 7th overall

GregM

Guess I gotta get older, since I sure as hell ain't gettin any faster!

Creamer -- I mean Cremer, I had to get back to Sanford by 11am, and I ran a 4-mile cool down; hence my "phantom" appearance.  If I had known you were running this, I would definitely have paced with you, and who knows how we would have finished.  As it is, I have John Webber to thank for keeping me on pace, although we both slowed toward the end.  Guess it's that age thing, eh, Johnny?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

GregM

Lance, this is the girl who almost "chicked" you last year, and who paced me to a PR at the St. Thomas 5k in October:

Place Div/Tot  Div   Time     Pace  Name                   Ag S Race# City/state              

13 1/15 F2029 18:18 5:54 Carly Dion 23 F 123 Biddeford ME

She's proof it really does help to be young.  (That's discouraging to the rest of us.)

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Lance, this is the girl who almost "chicked" you last year, and who paced me to a PR at the St. Thomas 5k in October:

Yeah, she's a good runner. 

As I recall, that scene was a little embrassing.  I didn't realize until too late that they were trying to yell at me to get out of the way for 1OA female.  I even apologized to her and she seemed nice.  She was probably just doing a tempo run or something while I was gasping for air.