Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

L Train

Way to go, Beulah.

I have made yet another in my string of very bad decisions. Despite the fact that I probably won't be fully recovered from the Around the Lake 12 hour, I'm committing to do the High Street Mile on Aug. 4'th. Ultra training should be good for that, right? Anyway, some of you other idiots should do it with me. Think about it. Better yet, don't think, just say yes.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Believe it or not, I'll say I'm in as long as my social director says I'll be somewhere else.  This fits what I'm doing and If all goes to plan I'll be recovering from the race on the face of the Sun.  Not 100k or anything but hey (see what I did there?).

Yes, I see what you did there. This is all very confusing. Where do I sign up for these ?

Anyone doing Great Bay Half want a ride?  I don't want to hang out there all day, but plan to go early so I can park, get an early shuttle to the starting area, get my number, run, have a beer and pizza slice and then head back.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

Good luck Rob and Eric and whoever else may be doing GB.

GregM

Good luck Rob and Eric and whoever else may be doing GB.

Ditto.  And what a race that will be!  Wish I could be there watching them trade the lead.  (Given my crazy Boston training, I could have justified this as a training run.)  Will be eager to see how they finish.  Anyone else doing this?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Good luck guys!

Good luck guys!

+1 retroactively since you're hopefully both done by now. I wonder who won...

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

Eric by a nose! I will not share anything more, read their logs later

L Train

Wow.  Gotta hand it to Eric, I had it picked the other way.  Congrats to both, I'm sure.  Did Rob stop at the first mat or something?

Gadbois the Junoir, kicked my ass.  He ran 2 .5 more miles than I did as I skipped the circle as it wasnt going my way today. Read my entry for my race experience if so inclined.  If it wasn't for Eric pulling me along, I wouldn't have had the time I had at the 15K point.  Still a nice day for a run, time for beer.  My 13.1 time is not legit, so ignore whatever is posted.

What was I chasing again?

GregM

Too bad for both of you it wasn't a good day for you, Rob.  I'm sure Eric would have preferred to have you firing on all cylinders, as he would have probably run faster, and, who knows, he might have still finished ahead of you, though I wouldn't bet against either one of you.  That's a finish that's too close to call.

GregM

Here is a graph that I got from Egad's log for today's race.  Look how he smoked that big hill.  And pushed the pace on that last downhill.  Nice work, Eric!

gadman

Eric says he's not doing another marathon soon and can not beat his Philly time but micmillian says with his half time today is can do  3:18 with proper training