Circle North

Herding Cats in the Winter (Read 32 times)

So it's -35 degrees with the wind chill today. Not a day made for running outside.

The forecast for next Sunday in Newfield is 46 degrees.

Perfect weather for good a long run. Next up in the Cat Herding series is the Run from Beaulah's version 3.0 (5.7% less hills).

Don't worry there are hills.

The Main Route is a 16.5 Mile out and back that can easily be extended to 20 by running up Shady Nook to finish it off.

You can also turn back and anytime and run whatever distance you choose.

Water stops at 4, 8,12 and 16.

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/3494abf900b9479198f0ae2563df93a3/courses/a1e13eccea1647efa4138af6ebc54c2c

Start time will be 9:30am.

Chili and Cornbread will be waiting at the finish.

I think we will have some of the Lebanon Ladies group that Pam has been running with joining us too.

If I missed anyone who is not on RA or Facebook pass it on.

Please let us know if you can make it so we can plan accordingly.

Fro

In... Can't wait - been hearing about this course for a good year or so - bring it!

In as well.

What was I chasing again?

MacJim

In as well.

anyone else unable to see Doug's map?

anyone else unable to see Doug's map?

Yep, but the link does work on the FB invite page. Odd.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

I should be there for a short slow portion

Hey Lance, got some updating for you to do. Talked to Noel and the cat-herding run on 3/13 will now be hosted by the Leighs. Kim and I will switch to 4/3 instead.

Hey Lance, got some re-updating for you to do. Talked to Noel again and we've switched those around. Kim and I are now hosting 3/13 and the Leighs are now hosting 4/3.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

See you all tomorrow at Doug's.  Weather looks ideal.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Thx to the Beulahs for putting on such a lovely cat herding event.  Despite the hills and the promise of a 8:30-9 mm pace, this was really fun.  Special shout out to Jim and his baby bejorn for carrying me the last 3 ugly miles.

Fro

Absolutely a blast - thanks Pam and Doug for opening up your home! Great course, loved the food (even a doughnut) and a blast to re-connect a bit with everyone.

MacJim

Thanks Pam and Doug. Great hosting job.

Thanks Pam & Doug.  OK, Enough living in the past folks.  Trying to get a rough estimate on who's coming next week and what people want for distance options.  The plan at this time is to start the run at 10am.  Long range forecast is iffy (30 Degrees with chance of rain/snow) but I am optimistic.  Thanks all.  Runners and non runners welcome.  Rob & Maggie

UPDATE:

Long range forecast has improved! Looking to be around 40 but a little breezy. Here is the proposed route(s).

For those looking for 20:
                            http://www.runningahead.com/…/59dc0b7217c847a5b853b5753cc76…

You can make a decision at the 10m water stop to only go 16.
                            http://www.runningahead.com/…/2dd55f5b0e17469e8e1bf5a8523d4…

For those looking for less or up to 10, just go O&B to first water stop.

Fro

In - will be looking for 20.

Cool, I was hoping for this route. I wonder how much would be added to the end of the 16 miler if you go past Shaw Rd, to River St and back to your house? 20 (almost 21) is probably too much for me at this point so I may do the 16 with that add on.

UPDATE:

Long range forecast has improved! Looking to be around 40 but a little breezy. Here is the proposed route(s).

For those looking for 20:
                                http://www.runningahead.com/…/59dc0b7217c847a5b853b5753cc76…

You can make a decision at the 10m water stop to only go 16.
                                http://www.runningahead.com/…/2dd55f5b0e17469e8e1bf5a8523d4…

For those looking for less or up to 10, just go O&B to first water stop.