Circle North

Herding Cats in the Winter (Read 32 times)

Fro

Thanks for hosting Greg and Kim - never been happier that a race was cancelled. Tons of fun as usual...

Cookies and cold cuts!  Dawkins and Dokken!.  Thx Speedboat!

MacJim

Paul Bouchard?

Paul Panza a friend from Cambridge Massachusetts who has been up this way a few times.

It occurs to me that it's time to start pondering cats and the herding thereof once again. Not quite time to actually do anything about it, but time to let the idea start rolling around and whatnot.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

It occurs to me that it's time to start pondering cats and the herding thereof once again. Not quite time to actually do anything about it, but time to let the idea start rolling around and whatnot.

Tentative 2/18/18 run from beaulahs. V

Bump. Still no plan here really, but I'll discuss it with upper management and pick a date to do one of these.

You can firm up 2/18. We’re likely to have heat and hot water working by then.

but even if we don’t we will make it work.

Fro

We are in for hosting as well once the ice melts a bit around our house - pretty messy right now.

Will there be t shirts and cake batter chapstick?  Last year you made promises that you didn't deliver on.

Tentative 2/18/18 run from beaulahs. V

I'd like to request no hills and no dogs this year.

We are in for hosting as well once the ice melts a bit around our house - pretty messy right now.

I'm noodling a variation on a not-really but sorta cat-herding group run. Probably wouldn't be until March or so, which is also time to work out details. This isn't an entirely new idea. It goes like this...

On August 6th, Mr. Leigh, Fro and I did a run where Maddy drove us to Kennebunk and we ran back to Springvale. It's a really nice route. My idea is to reverse that, start from the Y, go a little further, and end up at Federal Jacks. It maps out at about 19.3 miles, and in that direction would be (almost) all slightly downhill. There would, of course, have to be significant others involved who'd be willing to meet us there for lunch, etc, and haul our carcasses back home afterwards. Could be fun. Thoughts?

Proposed route...

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/b47d9c625dfc48fc932f3ead7dcf413b/courses/39414fa86ef440d9aeecf0723631ef4c

Very interested

Fro

I love this idea - totally in!

"Beep, Beep!"

I would be up for this, but might leave from my house and make it 16 miles. Others could leave from here also if they didn't want 19+.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

I would be up for this, but might leave from my house and make it 16 miles. Others could leave from here also if they didn't want 19+.

That's an excellent idea. I'm gonna start a separate thread for this since it isn't really cat-herding as we know it. I now have a date in mind.