Half Marathon Trainers

Anyone running Great Bay Half Marathon (NH) (Read 324 times)

an amazing likeness

Anyone else planning on the Great Bay Half coming up April 3 ?  Its a pretty neat course -- mix of country roads, some dirt roads, suburban neighbohoods, small New England town.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Look nice!  Bit of a long way from home for me - but does look good.

I'm doing the Great Forest Run the day before.  Forest roads.  Small New Zealand town.  Much of a muchness!

Have a great race

an amazing likeness

Look nice!  Bit of a long way from home for me - but does look good.

I'm doing the Great Forest Run the day before.  Forest roads.  Small New Zealand town.  Much of a muchness!

Have a great race

Is that on the North Island or South?  My NZ geography is fading, I was there many, many years ago.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

North Island - just north of Levin.  I'm in Wellington and its about 2 hours north of here - luckily my boyfriend has a beach house about an hour north so I can stay there the night before.

an amazing likeness

Just an "ok" race for me. 1:43:11 (unofficial) by my watch.  I seem to be stuck as my last 4 half marathons have all been 1:43: xx.  Pretty tough course with plenty of hills, and I ran out of legs today at mile 11 and went from 7:45 miles to limp it home with the final 2 miles at 8:05 and 8:09.

I made a major scheduling error by running a 20 mile race last Sunday leading into the Great Bay Half today.  I thought since one was in March and one in April -- there would be more gap.  Should have looked at the calendar....not all that smart on my part.

Well done MT - I'd be soooo very happy with that time!

Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.

Great Race Andy - Looking at your log you are running so consistently I cannot believe you'll be "stuck" on 1:43:nn for long.

2013 Goals
                1) Break 1:50 in a HM (PR 1:52:19)
                2) Break 4:00 in a Marathon (PR 4:20:39)