Half Marathon Trainers

March (Read 43 times)

Good luck racing this weekend Zelanie and Barb, and welcome Jo!

Looks like you have dodged the injury bullet, Cyberic. Take it easy...although I like the idea of a high mileage week (much lower for me) maybe in the summer in a slow work week.

The weather has been in the pre-spring swing -warm/ rainy OR clear/cold. Today stormy  - high morning  HR, sore legs and office work= a running day off. I'll shuffle my schedule around to get the 10 miler early Monday morning.

The interval "ladder" on Tuesday went well (2 miles at HM pace, 2x1 mile at 10k pace, 2x1/2 mile at 5k pace with rests. It gave me confidence about running in the 10-10:40 range. Ran the last repeat at 9:40. Did another tempo run on Thursday - according to plan. Probably a bit ambitious with the work schedule this week hence day off today.

T-minus 6 days to vacation. Can't wait for warm weather slow runs!

Happy Saturday, A

PS Even though I live in almighty Canada, I can only control the weather to my east... Send a note if you need some extra freezing rain in St. John's or London.

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Yesterday I biked so today it will be 5-6 miles.  My asthma and allergies are high today so we'll see if I don't have to stop at some point in time.  Still, as compared to two years ago, my asthma is way better now.

Damaris

hog4life

I posted over in the intrepid thread, 5k PR of 23:20. I felt like I crashed in mile 2, but the splits don't reflect that; I supposed the increase in effort made me "think" that way. Splits were 7:37, 7:45, 7:37, 6:04!  More details, and pics will be in the race report.

Total for the day is 6.1, which will end my week around 28. This is a little lower than I wanted, but the cutback should help. I'll do 12-14 next weekend, then 8-10 the following weekend, then race my first half of the season.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ended up running 5 on the TM yesterday.  Today, I will be biking and/or running a short recovery run.

Mitch, great job!

Damaris

hog4life

I took Sunday as a rest day, then banged out 10.4 today(Monday). This was supposed to be 6x1200's, but my legs didn't have it in them. I did, however, run the first 8.4 miles at on OA pace of 9:03; I was doing some pickups, or fartlek type stuff for different distances. Overall I felt whipped when I was done, so I guess that means the run was a success.

lsp

Lump Off

It was fun to read about all the weekend racing; it sounds like everyone did a fine job.  I ran into a race during my Saturday run.  I was running on the green way and boom!  Fast people.  I was pretty small so I just kept on going and stayed off to the side.  It was a fun view of a race.

On Sunday I did my first 10 miler in quite a while so that was a nice milestone.  I'm going to attempt some speed work on the track today; that might be interesting.

-back to the TM this morning.  Took yesterday off to recover.  Felt ok until I started to run.  I guess all that wind and cold took more out of me than I thought.  It was a tough 3 miles this morning.  Hoping for the spring warmup so I can get outside over the weekend..I am so done with winter.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

I didn't do squat today! Except do a RR with some pics, it's up in the RR sticky.

SB, I'm a little undecided which half to do in Chattanooga, the 4 Bridges, or Chickamauga. Thoughts?

redleaf

So after the race on Sunday I noticed that I was sore behind my right knee. Didn't do anything more than walk Monday and Tuesday. Ran on the treadmill this morning and it was still a bit sore. Hope it gets better soon! I have that 1/2 marathon in 6 weeks!

I made sure to stretch Sunday and today. I'll definitely add some more stretching in throughout the day - it is one of my (seemingly endless) faults in regards to taking care of myself.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

8.6 last night with a big hill that I did twice. Tonight should be an easy 4-5 if I have time. I have to go pick up the trailer with all the timing equipment, plus have to get everyone put into the event. Hopefully all that goes smooth. Our club president usually does all this with some help, but he's taking off this weekend, so I've been doing a bunch of training in hopes that me and one other club member can survive it. I will try to run the race on Saturday, but will have to wait and see if anyone else shows up that can help with timing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I did 5 on monday, 5 on Tuesday, 0 yesterday and 7 TM miles today.  I am either sick or the allergies/asthma is getting to me this week but other than that, my comeback has felt great.

Busy week at work, but I'll try to be back with shoutouts later!

Damaris

lsp

Lump Off

I didn't do squat today! Except do a RR with some pics, it's up in the RR sticky.

SB, I'm a little undecided which half to do in Chattanooga, the 4 Bridges, or Chickamauga. Thoughts?

Do both I say!!  I've not done either so really cannot offer any advice.  But give me a holler and I'll come out and cheer you on.  I'm looking at both of these races but I'm not sure if I'll run them or not; way too early for me to decide.

Hi all - just been plugging along trying to follow Pfitz 12/55 in prep for Boston.  Did a solid interval workout on Wed - 4x1M repeats mostly uphill @ HMP.  It was tough, especially the last one.  Yesterday I manged 10, although I was feeling VERY tired.  After I finished I was famished.....and ate and ate  - I guess I haven't been keeping up with the increased mileage and my body was VERY hungry.

D_R - Comeback for sure!  You are amazing.

Barb - How are you feeling post NBedford?  Any other races on the horizon?

SBunny - Great 10 miler - something about the double digits feels so gratifying.

Hog - You getting ready for that half?  Seems like your training is very strong right now.

Zelanie - How are you?

Ready, go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  3 miles this morning.  Still congested from the asthma/allergies and my body aches from the lack of breathing but everything felt fine while running.  Travel tonight, race with hubby on Sunday.

Tara, I knew you would like the 12/55 with the time constraints you have.  Glad to hear it's working for you.

Damaris

3 miles barely on the TM this morning.  I have slacked a little this week post half.  Just feeling really tired..I haven't been sleeping well since we changed the clocks.  It always messes with me and I am a terrible sleeper to begin with.  Hoping to get back at it outside over the weekend.  been pretty windy the last 2 days and just not feeling it.  I Have a 10 miler coming up in 5 weeks need to get at it.

Tara - sounds like you are on your way to some good training.  Keep it up.

D_R - good luck this weekend with the hubby!

Everyone seems to be running strong - Keep it up

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189