GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. I have 9 miles on the schedule today.  I'm not sure when I'll get those done but I'll work it in somewhere.

DD turned her ankle coming down with a rebound in her game last night.  The ankle didn't swell much until a couple hours after the injury so we aren't sure what we are dealing with.  Off to the doctor's office this morning for x-rays. Fingers crossed that she hasn't finished her high school career a few weeks earlier than planned.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Scott: Great job with those hills yesterday! Hope you have a nice 9 today, and hope DD's ankle is okay and she can play the rest of the season.

SRD for  me today. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

CompetitiveChik

Hey All,

coach was suppose to send me my training plan for the Woodlands full yesterday but I never got it. She'll have to send it today since there is nothing on the schedule for today and today is suppose to be speed work. But I'll change the speedwork to tomorrow since I have a lot more time. I'd like to see what she has for tomorrow so maybe I can get that done today. I don't know. We'll have to see. I did email her some concerns of mine like "why am I only runnin once a week." but she assured me I'll have more runnin in my schedule. All the cross training she has me doin is definately paying off. I went out for 8 miles at a 8:30-9m pace and had to slow down cause I was goin way too fast and it felt pretty easy.

Imnotscott - hope you're able to get your run in. sorry about dd. I hope it's nothign serious and she can continue on with playing sports

nottooswift - enjoy your rest day

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

Got my medium run in. I couldn't look up my courses on my BB so I winged it and ran all over the place. Did it in 8:35ish pace which is good.

Now, I'm waiting patiently for the cable guy to arrive sometime between 10 and noon. They are blowing up my phone with automated calls confirming my appointment. I've gotten 2 calls in the last 30 minutes!

CC, I LOLed at "Why am I only running once a week?". I'd probably ask about that, too. You're still in marathon recovery, right? Maybe that's why she doesn't have you running yet?

Swift, Happy rest day!

Scott, Hope DD ankle isn't too bad.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
            Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Mostly Harmless

X-ray is negative but it is a pretty nasty sprain.  Bad enough that she is on crutches. She will be out the rest of this week for sure. "Senior Night" is next Tuesday. She wants to be back for that but I have my doubts.  She is very stubborn though so who knows. I'm heartbroken for her. As a four year varsity player (three year starter), this is not the way she wanted it to end.

fake it till you make it

I think I’m back from being nearly dead! Influenza turned to nasty cough that wouldn’t quit- why does this stuff happen in the middle of a training cycle!?  Managed to run yesterday and today without coughing out an entire lung, so I guess that’s progress.  Per Hansons, only easy running this week, then next week back into workouts.

Scott- Sorry to hear the sprain is a nasty one.  I hope that’s not the end of the season for her too- so heartbreaking at that age and for an athlete of her caliber. Nice job on that hill workout! I think you need an “I almost barfed” category for your log.  Smile

NTS enjoy the rest day!

CC-  I’d probably want more than one day of running too, but then I don’t cross train! Will be cool to see how it pans out for you to work with a coach.  My running buddy and I were lamenting on this morning’s run that the bummer with marathon plans is it takes a long time and decent race day conditions to decide if something is working or not, hard for those like me who are impatient.

Julia- nice pace on your medium run! We got fresh snow today- looks beautiful but I’m really chomping at the bit to get out and run fast outside with good footing and 10 pounds less layers on.  Enjoy your new “fancy” channels!

JustBS I am in awe of your swimming time commitment.  Glad you are enjoying it so much!

DR- I was telling my daughter about you yesterday. She has asthma & allergies and managed to run a 9 minute mile at school yesterday (she’s 9 years old) without wheezing, she was so happy.  She though it was so cool that “someone with asthma just like me!” runs marathons.

SIAR  Dexter on the treadmill = awesome.  Being on the treadmill long enough to fit in more than one episode = well, that’s just tough.  Good mental toughness training maybe?  Nice work.

RVD- I am so sorry to hear about the hammy injury.  That’s just so frustrating.

Pressing- A run and later a bike/core brick workout is tapering!?  Hard core!

Marco- hoping you have a better day today and can get some miles in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...sorry to hear that! Hopefully she'll heal quickly. Good luck squeezing in the 9.

Swift...hope the rest treats you well.

CC...I'd be going crazy about the schedule. Hopefully she gets it to you soon and you can be running more. At least your run felt good.

Julia...I didn't think you ran yours on the track. I know there's probably a downside to doing too much on the track, but it is fun for some workouts. Your new cable sounds great. It seems like you like watching sports, so having ESPN is huge. Good job on your medium run. I'm surprised you don't know all your routes by heart, but it's probably different being in a bigger city.

ETA...oh yeah, me...going to run on the TM again and try to do hill sprints on it too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I'm back online!  I'm so happy I could cry.  Or, maybe I want to cry because I have to go to work now.  Sad  Bye for now...

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

PressingOn

Hi all!  Getting ready to head to ds's school in a bit for volunteering.  I'm taking my hand sanitizer with me!  Then I'm off for group run.  We're doing hill repeats today.  Oh joy!

Scott - Oh no! Hope dd's injury heals quickly. That's a hard thing for a Senior to cope with. Much worse than one of us missing a key marathon because one really can't say there are more Senior years. Well, one hopes not. Wink Good luck finding time for your 9 miles.

Swift - Happy Rest Day!

CC - Okay, I'd freak too if I was only running one day a week. I'm on a 3 day a week plan and I'm only now beginning to relax about it (kind of) as I'm seeing the cross-training doing a lot for me. It's hard to trust someone else. Hope you get your plan soon!

Julia - Oh yes, those service calls can be annoying. Is it perhaps the office calling and the service tech calling? Hurray for being back online!

JenRosie - Hurray for finally feeling good enough to run again. I am praying, praying, praying I don't catch that nasty bug in the next month with my two marathon's! It was a swim (my own idea, not on my plan)/bike/core yesterday so not as hard as if it were running. And it was only the first couple days of taper. I am sure I will be going much lower key from here on out.

SIAR - Good luck on your tm run again today. Hill sprints should help break up the boring factor.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10.6 TM miles done, this time with two episodes of Mad Men. That and Dexter are the two series I have on DVD, but I'm about 3 seasons behind on each. At least my TM time was productive in that regard. I tried to do hill sprints after, but I couldn't find anything that matched outdoor effort and gave up after 6x10secs. I also figured that 10 speed and 12%incline probably wasn't too good for my older TM anyway.

Jen...glad you are feeling better and getting back out there. Mental workouts for me these last few days have definitely been the theme.

Pressing...stay healthy, and enjoy your hills.

Julia...I'd say there's mo crying in running, but I think we all know that's not true.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Back from my run. I planned for this to be a recovery run but it just felt good to run faster than that.  Most of the miles were at or below MP. I kept trying to make myself slow down but eventually I just gave up and went with it.

Jen - Welcome back! I'm sorry you were unable to run for so long. I'm sure that was frustrating! Have fun easing back into it.

SIAR - Sorry you were relegated to the TM again. At least you got to catch up on some TV time without feeling like a couch potato after!

Julia - Glad you are back on the grid. Sorry you had to go into the office after though.  Good work on your MR today.

Pressing - I laughed at your hand sanitizer comment. I hope the hill repeats were as fun* for you as they were for me yesterday.

NTS - Enjoy the rest day.

CC - Yeah, only running once a week would be pretty weird but it sounds like you are happy with your progress.  I guess you can't argue with results, right?

* - They weren't fun at all, but maybe if I tell myself that enough I'll start to believe it.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Too busy today, boo hiss.  10-14 miles today, most likely 10 since I have no time to run 14.  Boo hiss.  And sniff!

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi, guys.  Too busy today, boo hiss.  10-14 miles today, most likely 10 since I have no time to run 14.  Boo hiss.  And sniff!

Have a nice day!

I wonder if PineGroveDave would accept sniffing on the run, since spitting and snot blowing are out.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You guys ever notice that we have 61 members in this group? Do you think they all lurk and don't post, or that they just read the thread once and assumed that we were either too functional or too dysfunctional for their tastes?