Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/25/13 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Look who's up!  It's still later than I should have gotten up but hey, I'll take it.  I'm supposed to do a 6 mile recovery run today.  Drinking coffee and Nuun to get myself going.  I might be running late to work today.  Oh well.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia.  Stop procrastinating and get out there and run!

I just finished up 7 miles in about the same time as my run on the same course on Tuesday.  The pace felt much easier though, so I'm pretty happy about that.  Have a great day, everyone!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Mostly Harmless

Hi Julia & Hilltopper.  I'm not running at lunch today but will probably get in a run while my son is at soccer practice tonight.  It takes almost an hour to drive to where the team practices so it doesn't make sense to drop off and go home just to turn around and go back.  We carpool with a couple other families and it's my turn tonight.  Rather than sit around for 90 minutes while they practice I usually go for a run so I'll probably get in 8 or 9 miles.

Julia - Are you getting excited for your HM this weekend?

Hill - Good work on the 7.  You've been  consistently getting your runs in for the past few weeks.  I'm sure that is going a long way toward making those paces feel easier.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Good morning Julia, Hill, and all who follow,

Feet hurting a little bit after last night's overzealous run in the VFFs.  Will go out again after work, but this time in conventional shoes.  Hoping to get a LR in this weekend and call it good before the May 12 race.  I like to go Saturday mornings, but can't because I need to take the 59 Chevy to the shop to see if they can figure out why the turn signals suddenly quit working before I put it up last fall.  I am really looking forward to driving it for the next six months or so.

Hope you have a good Thursday

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5-6 easy miles for me later on, once it warms up. I've decided that's about the running equivalent of twiddling my thumbs, but that's taper for ya.

Julia...I feel like you deserve a treat for making it up today! Bring on the Baltimore song for me (and your HM too), please. How much Nuun do you go through?

Hill...glad the 7 felt good today. Find any new routes yet?

Scott...wow do I remember those days! My mom was teaching when I used to go to those practices, so she always graded papers. Your run sounds more fun. I also remember trying to do homework during all those hour plus drives, it was nuts.

Marco...I bet you look pretty cool in that ride! Your feet would probably appreciate some Hokas today.

Jodi...that's a long time to wait for the lottery!

Swift, Docket, CC and the rest of y'all....have a good one!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Scheduled for 12 with 8 at MP today.  Guess I'll do it on the local greenway after work.  It is so seldom that I have a SRD that I don't know what to do with myself without a run to occupy me.  So I ate.  Sigh.....

Mostly Harmless

Scott...wow do I remember those days! My mom was teaching when I used to go to those practices, so she always graded papers. Your run sounds more fun. I also remember trying to do homework during all those hour plus drives, it was nuts.

I'm thankful that the team is moving practices to a field much closer to home after this week!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Nice recovery run.

hill: Great job with the 7, sounds like your running is going well.

Scott: Have a nice run tonight. That's a long way to go for practice, great that they are moving closer.

marco: Hope your run goes well later. That must be a fun car!

SIAR: Hope the thumb-twiddling goes well today.

RVD: Hope you have a good MP run.

I have 6 easy with hill sprints later. Thought about doing it this morning, but decided to sleep a little longer instead, since I got up early yesterday and then was up later than usual, too. The group run last night was great, I ran it as a tempo, and the route had some good hills. Then hung out for a while having pizza and beer after. It was really nice outside after having rained earlier, so a bunch of us sat outside, which was nice. I got a free shirt for having attended at least 3 of the runs.

Front:

shirt

Back:

Had to modify since I accidentally put one of the pics in twice (thought it didn't work, but it did). The pic posting is always kind of a pain for me on this site, but maybe because my computer is old and slow...

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

I had a nice recovery run and then rushed off to work. My hamstring acted up again. I stretched when I was at lights and stuff. I really do need to make it more of a habit.

Hilltopper, Thanks for the added motivation. Smile Glad to hear tour easy pace is feeling easier.

Scott, Have a nice run tonight. I am starting to get a little excited about the race. They haven't been sending out much but they have in the last couple days - the expo is opening today and there's a commemorative shoe that went on sale today, too. This race is all about separating us from our money. LOL! I need to figure out logistics. OMG, I just looked online and packet pickup is at the National Harbor. What a nightmare.

Marco, Hope the feet loosen up.

SIAR, You are cool, calm and collected for this taper. Good for you! I do drink a lot of Nuun, don't I? I probably go through a tube every two weeks or so.

RVD, Have fun with those MP miles!

Swift, You always find such cool running shirts. I like the green.

Okay, I need to get some food before someone sees me unoccupied and asks me to do something. More later...

Bad Ass

Hi.  I spent the morning in Court.  5 miles before I left for court with some more miles later.  I am peeling so I've had to wear shirts these past few days, even when it's 90F and sunny (I mean, every fricking moment), bah!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and if I don't see you again, Good Evening...

Hoping to get a 3-4 mile run in this evening.  I was going to do it this morning, but my car was in the shop and it took forever.  This afternoon, the WW meeting went longer than usual (BUT IT'S MY LAST DAY OF WORK!).  Now running out the door for speech therapy and violin lessons.  Tonight we have Art Show at DD's school.  I found out when my DH is leaving, but can't post anything about it, but I hate now knowing the date.  Off to start my adventurous afternoon.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Scott, Turns out I was wrong about packet pick up. It's at the Georgetown Waterfront. LOL! Huuuuge difference.

thinkin about glory days

Spring has arrived here in the mid-Atlantic -  a beautiful, sunny, 60 deg. day.  It is awfully tempting to go back out and run again, but I don't want to overdo it.

Scott, way to take advantage of the downtime during soccer practice.  Enjoy your 8-9.

marco, that car sounds really nice.  Did you fix it up yourself?

SIAR, sometimes I think tapering takes more discipline than training.  No new routes yet.  I have about 3 pages of routes in my training log.  I think I've run out of new places to run.

RVD, sounds like you are nice and fueled up for your MP run.

NTS, that's a good looking shirt.  You must have some fast runners in that group if you ran the group run as a tempo.

Julia, I hope the hamstring feels better.

Damaris, nice double!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RVd...I love when you talk about your eating.  I think you probably eat about like I do, but you're really hard on yourself when you do it and it makes me laugh...but only in an, I've been there, kinda way.  Hope the run today was a success.

Scott...I can see why you'd be excited about the closer practices.  If gas prices were what they are now when I was younger, I don't think I'd have been able to play on a team as far from home as I did.

Swift...Hope the run and hill sprints are good.  Do you like to doing the sprints?  That looks like a nice shirt.

Julia...Darn hamstring!  You need to do more stretching in general, or just at traffic lights?  I don't know if I've really been very cool this taper.  I feel kinda complacent and slow really...need to work on that!

Docket...Peeling?  Gross Joking  Have a great double.

Jodi..Sounds like a very busy day for you.  You have a lot of those!  Good luck getting the run in.

Hill...It is hard to stay out of the nice weather.  Have you done doubles in the past?  I did at least one a week this training cycle and really liked them.  It sounds like you have a ton of routes - you're not allowed to be bored with them!

I ran a little over 5...it was uneventful enough.  I spent the first portion being a little negative about how I was feeling, but then tried to picture myself succeeding in my race for the rest of the route.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)