JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

6 mile recovery run for me today.  I'm going to push the pace a little in order to the carb load after the workout.  Protein day wasn't terrible but I wouldn't want to do it every day.  Not sure how body builders do it.  And, I can see how it could make runners cranky after two days.

QOTD: There's a chance for rain in the forecast on Saturday.  I'm hoping it'll hold off until the afternoon.  In case it doesn't, any good tips for racing in the rain?

I took an Advil Cold & Sinus last night and it knocked me out.  My sinuses feel clearer so I think I'll stay on it for a bit.

I haven't done any logistics since last week.  I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, though, so I can spend some time figuring out when I need to leave for the race, finding pre-race clothes to keep me warm and dry, figuring out my splits, etc.  Oh, and I'm also throwing a party on Saturday, so there's all that planning to do, too.  Fun!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jojo61397

Julia-- You sound like you got it figured out.

I'm doing an easy 6.  Carb loading starts tonight!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning everyone!

Julia: Hope you have a good recovery run. I haven't run a marathon in rain yet. I guess just make sure the stuff you're wearing is what you'd choose for rain. Like I have some socks that work better in rain than others, some seem to soak up water, which I hate. I like a cap  or something in rain to keep water out of my face. Hopefully it doesn't rain the whole time. Otherwise, just extra Bodyglide (or whatever you use) and just run your race. Good luck working out the logistics, I've got a bunch of that still to do also.

jojo: Enjoy your easy 6.

Our forecast is for low around 50 and partly sunny with high of 73. This isn't too bad. It was much worse warmer when I ran this race in 2007.

Dress rehearsal today, 6 with 2 @ MP, which I'll do in the group run this evening. It will be fairly cool, but there's not really another day to do this run. And it will be practice for the temps early in the race.

I was invited to go to a St. Patrick's celebration after my race (not right after, several hours after) at a bar, not sure if I'll go or not. It's with one of my running groups, so it would be fun to talk to everyone. Just not sure if I'll feel like heading back out after showering and stuff. I can have beer after the race at the LRS tent (just not in front of the BoMF guys, we're not supposed to drink around them since a lot of them are in recovery).

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  Another rest day for me.  I think I'm going not going to run at all until Friday morning.

Julia - I don't have any experience racing in the rain but I enjoy running in the rain so I've done a lot of wet training runs.  Like NTS said, I make sure to wear a hat with a brim to keep the water out of my eyes.  That's really the only thing I do differently than any other time.  I just hope it isn't a real hard rain because puddles suck.

Jodi - Enjoy your six today and your carb-tastic meal tonight!

NTS - I hope your dress rehearsal goes well!  I don't have a post-race celebration planned but I'll probably pick up a pizza and some beer on the way home.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Administrative note: I just updated the default start page for this group from "Home" to "Forum".  We don't post anything in the Home area anyway, so maybe this will save everyone an extra click when coming to the group.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: Good thinking to update the start page!

I forgot to mention I registered yesterday for the Peachtree Road Race, yay!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Scott: Good thinking to update the start page!

I forgot to mention I registered yesterday for the Peachtree Road Race, yay!

I'm not a member of the ATC so I'll wait for regular registration to open.  I used to be a member of the ATC but the only thing I got out of it was early PRR registration, so it wasn't worth the cost.  I've run it several times but wasn't selected in last year's lottery.  Guess I'll try again this year.  It doesn't really mess up my Chicago training schedule as long as I do another 6 miles on the way home.  If I get in I'll be in Group B.

INS:  Good that you changed that.  I didn't know that could be done.

Going through taper madness.  Couldn't sleep last night.  I do have one intervals workout scheduled for tomorrow.  I'll do it after work in 55F in order to miss the 29F and strong winds of Thursday morning.  Did most of my packing last night.  Today is an SRD.

48 degrees this morning.  However, it was pouring rain and extremely windy.  I may take a RD or go out for a short one after work  Getting excited about Boston.  I found two others in the same corral as me and similar time goals.  I did well tin October when I followed my unofficial pacer.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...You'll definitely have to share how you feel like this food cycling impacted your race.  Although, the problem for me when trying to look at my eating is that it's really hard to parse the role of food from other training stuff.  As far as racing in the rain, I don't do much differently.  I ran the Flying Pig in the rain one year...the only thing I can think of is to have a large garbage bag handy to wear before the race that you can toss when it starts.  Other than that, lube up a little more than usual and try to forget about it.  Have fun with the party planning.  Do you have a lot of people coming?

Jodi...Have a nice 6, and enjoy the carbs!

NotSwift...Maybe a little warmer than you'd like, but still not too bad (and also hard to feel badly for you when it's still in the 20s here haha).  Have a good run with your group, and don't push those MP miles too hard!  I never know about making post-race plans either.  I'm about 50/50 after my marathons with being able to be social.  Very cool about Peachtree.

Scott...Running on Friday sounds like a good plan to shake your legs out a little.  That was an awesome forum improvement you made - thanks!

RVD...Taper is almost over at least.  The intervals should help for sure.  I'd be trying to miss that wind too.

Marco...That's cool that you're getting excited for your race.  Mine is a couple weeks after yours, but feels so far away with everyone having their marathons this weekend!  It figures that you'd get some warmer temps and then it'd be pouring rain.

I'm looking to do a double today, just an easy run around lunch and then the group run this evening.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

OK did my dress rehearsal and my expectations are high.  First mile was a nice easy 9:18, then ran 3 at an "easy marathon" pace, and finished with another 9:18.  My nice easy marathon pace using heart rate monitor-- 8:45 min/mile (for 3 miles).  I don't want to get my hopes up, but it appears that I will be break 4:00 hours this weekend.  If it were a flat course, I think I could have even BQed...

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12.51 miles done for run 1 today.  About 6 miles were in wet, windy, near white-out conditions.  I think I mentally checked out of winter about 2 weeks ago, so runs like this one are hard to take.

I know it's not as important as your marathon weather for the weekend,  I'm looking at temps in the low 30s with 15mph winds and a 30% chance of snow for my 5 mile race...not ideal!

Jodi...glad the run today left you feeling good and prepared.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

HI everyone. Sorry I've been MIA lately. Just too much going on. I have read some but don' t have

time to respond today.

Good news is that Buster is much better and another month of antibiotics should have him back to

his old self.

Also,  don't know how much I will be around in the next while. In order to keep getting in my workouts

and dealing with everything else that is going to come in the next few months, on-line time will most

likely be very limited.

If anyone remembers that my 84 yr old Aunt has been ill, we had her at the Dr again today. She can no

longer live on her own and is moving in with us today. Not sure how long that will be, but at least several

months until we can find a suitable assisted living facility that she is happy with and where a placement

is available.

Good thing is that this is under the umbrella of the same Social Services Department where I worked for

3 years so I know the system, social workers and the home operators well.

Take care and I will pop in when I can!

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Enjoying my vacation nut eanted to say hi.  I have not run since Sunday so I am itching to run.

enjoy your day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Really angry, when you get an e-mail that states this:

"Parents please remember that it's cold and flu season and not to bring your child to school sick.  If a child has a fever above 99.6 degrees they need to remain home.  I understand that it's inconvenient for working parents..."

D'oh.  Oh please Dear Lord do not let me son get whatever bug has entered the school until AFTER March 17th.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds