GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Haha, how's that for formatting! I tried to start this from my iPad and that's what copy and paste left me. I'm off to run 10 with the group, then am doing a prediction run on the trails later. Montrail shoe reps will be there so I'll look forward to trying some new stuff. Enjoy your runs everyone.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

SIAR, Very interesting take on the race list.  LOL!  Hope you have a nice group run.

I'm slow to motivate this morning.  I slept in and am now watching weather coverage of the snow storm.  I need to make some coffee...

It's windy here, so I'm not sure about what I'm doing for my run today.  I was supposed to do an MP run but with wind this strong, I'm not sure what the point of that would be.  I'm beginning to think I might not get a good MP run in this cycle.  On the bright side, the 10-day isn't showing snow for next weekend anymore.

I'm thinking of making another trip to the mall at some point this weekend.  A lot of my clothes don't really fit anymore.  And, I need to get new tires for my car.  I just hate waiting the hour it takes them to do it at NTB.  Maybe it won't be so bad if I take my Kindle and read.

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

SIAR, Very interesting take on the race list.  LOL!  Hope you have a nice group run.

I'm slow to motivate this morning.  I slept in and am now watching weather coverage of the snow storm.  I need to make some coffee...

It's windy here, so I'm not sure about what I'm doing for my run today.  I was supposed to do an MP run but with wind this strong, I'm not sure what the point of that would be.  I'm beginning to think I might not get a good MP run in this cycle.  On the bright side, the 10-day isn't showing snow for next weekend anymore.

I'm thinking of making another trip to the mall at some point this weekend.  A lot of my clothes don't really fit anymore.  And, I need to get new tires for my car.  I just hate waiting the hour it takes them to do it at NTB.  Maybe it won't be so bad if I take my Kindle and read.

Julia - This is funny to me because I feel like I am exactly where you are. I'm supposed to run my time trial today but with this wind I'm afraid it could be a big waste of time.  I also plan to get tires for my car this weekend!

My plan (at least right now) is to take another rest day and run tomorrow.  The wind is supposed to die down a lot by then and with 2 days rest I should be able to run hard.  I haven't taken 2 rest days in a row since I had my injury scare in early December.  I'll take the dogs for a long walk to stretch my legs later.

SIAR - Nice job on the calendar!  I hope your 10 goes well and good luck with your predicted run.  I've never tried one of those before but that looks like fun.  Is there a prize for the runner that gets the closest to their predicted time?

I hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Hi guys just a quick pop in for now. BBL if I still have power.

Not sure what today will bring. The treadmill if anything.

We are in the middle of a blizzard, high winds started at 2am and are to last all day and into tonight.

The next street over has no power. Hard to tell how much snow we have because it's drifting in all

crazy directions.

Trying to get breakfast, shower and clean up the kitchen in case (which I'm sure it will) the power goes out.

If it doesn't then I will hit the treadmill for a bit.

Have a good one folks!

Mostly Harmless

Hi guys just a quick pop in for now. BBL if I still have power.

Not sure what today will bring. The treadmill if anything.

We are in the middle of a blizzard, high winds started at 2am and are to last all day and into tonight.

The next street over has no power. Hard to tell how much snow we have because it's drifting in all

crazy directions.

Trying to get breakfast, shower and clean up the kitchen in case (which I'm sure it will) the power goes out.

If it doesn't then I will hit the treadmill for a bit.

Have a good one folks!

Prayers for you and yours Beth! Be safe!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just trying to get my butt in gear.  I'll go out for either 8 or 10 slow.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to do 3wu+10@MP+3cd and it was during the last MP run a week ago that I tweaked my hamstring, so I'll be going real slow today.  Just waiting for it to warm up.  It is 32F.  I know, I know, I shouldn't be bitching about those temps given what so many of the rest of you are going through.  But, I kind of wonder if the cold temps a week ago contributed to my hamstring issue, so I'll wait for a few more degrees of warmth before heading out today.

Also, guess I'll take my Innov Bare-X Lite 150 for a spin today.  They have 0 heel/toe drop.  I've only used them on the treadmill over a week ago and they were a bit stiff so this will be the first regular run in them.

Still haven't tried my Pro Mate water shoes out yet.  I just have the feeling that I'll burn a hole through the sole in practically no time.  I'm waiting for a short track run to try them.  I don't want to do a long out and back and then find 8 miles out that I have a hole and then have to run 8 miles back.

Julia1971

Scott, That's funny.  Yeah, I think I'm going to switch my days and do my double today.  It's so sunny out that I feel like running outside but I think I'm going to head to the gym for 6 on the treadmill.  I think I'm up for it...  The last time I got my tires changed, I felt like I was there for-ever.  And some guy talked my eye off trying to get me to buy a warrenty or something.  I just want 4 new tires, please.  Ugh!  Hope you and the dogs didn't get blown away.

Just B.S., Hope the power stays on.  It's crazy to think about the number of people without power right now.  Good luck hunkering down in this storm.

RVD, I think you're smart to keep that hammie warm and happy.  Have a great run!

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  Is that art or the race list?  Haha!

Couldn't wake up to do my LR, so I did 7 recovery miles before the heat was too much.  The last 2 were hard and I have a huge tan now.

SIAR, can you add the following for me: 03/17/2013, LA Marathon?  Thanks.

Julia, I was slow to motivate too.  Must be the week.

Scott, wishing you luck on the time trial.

Beth, stay safe during the blizzard.

RVD, enjoy your slow run.  How is your hamstring(?)

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...And now we all know why I don't do the morning posting!  Sorry the wind is messing with your plan.  Hopefully tomorrow works out better.  I'm enjoying watching the storm coverage too.  I'm always in awe of what mother nature can do, and, aside from the destruction, I find it fascinating.  As for the tires, I've been putting on an oil change for a month so I know where you're coming from.  Have fun with the shopping.

Scott...Sounds like a smart plan to move your run, so enjoy the extra rest day.  You're right about the prediction run - prizes for those closest to the time.  I think there may be a goofy prize for the person that guesses the worst too.

Beth..Wow, sounds like it's wild where you're at.  I hope you stay safe and keep power.

RVD...Enjoy the easy run in preparation for tomorrow.  I'd definitely recommend playing those MP miles by ear too.  Good luck in the new shoes too.  I'm still waiting for our store's stock of Inov8 to come in so I can try some.

Docket...Got your race added for you, even though I wondered if you were joking given how badly the list looked at first!  You have a tan?  I look like casper right now!  And I just shaved off my beard, so I look like baby casper!

10 miles with the running group were fun...nice and easy.  I did roll my ankle on a tree branch when I turned to talk to someone, but I don't think it's anything serious.  My ankles are shockingly resilient.  Just resting up and hanging out until my run again later.

Bad Ass

I do have a slight tan but I've been running at 5:30pm and it's been dark.  Today, I ran for an hour in the daylight and I got a bigger tan.  That's how bad the sun down here near the Equator is.

Blog

Ditto what Beth said.  No power issues around here.  Right now winds have died down to about 20-30.  However, I don't know what kind of snow we have had.  Bangor, about 100 miles west has had two feet supposedly.  Our driveway is bare in some places but has two feet of snow in other spots.  Not going anywhere today and will not attempt to shovel or snowblow until tonight.  TM is at work, so it will be a RD for me.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ditto what Beth said.  No power issues around here.  Right now winds have died down to about 20-30.  However, I don't know what kind of snow we have had.  Bangor, about 100 miles west has had two feet supposedly.  Our driveway is bare in some places but has two feet of snow in other spots.  Not going anywhere today and will not attempt to shovel or snowblow until tonight.  TM is at work, so it will be a RD for me.

Sounds like a good day for a few beers and an extended stay on the couch!

PressingOn

Hi everyone!  I'm taking an USRD.  Supposed to do an easy 3 miler but I have a sneaky suspicion I have yet another cold trying to take me down.  I refuse to be taken down this close to my marathon so I will play it safe and rest instead.  Maybe I'll run tomorrow instead.  Weather is crappy today anyway.  Rainy and super foggy.  Did the race list get fixed?  I don't see the "art" that everyone is raving about.  Looks normal to me.  I guess that's the downside of being so many hours behind all of you.  You all get to party while I'm still in bed.  Sad

Beth - (from yesterday) You. Are. Not. A. Swimming. Wimp. I swim 2x a week. You are there all the stinkin' time. That's not wimpy. I take it the storm interfered with today's swim plans?  Hope the power stays on.

Sprinkles - Hi! Good job getting a run in before the storm.

SIAR - Well, being in shape for tri season is the hope. I'd like to do at least one sprint and perhaps one Oly. We'll see.  Been swimming at all yourself lately? Haven't heard you mention it in a while. LOL about being younger than Beth and therefore not as wise.  Glad the run went well today.  How was it having the shoe reps there? Find any new shoes you like?

Julia - Run into the wind today and consider it speed work. I figure a good excuse to sit and read is great.  No guilt involved!

Scott - Enjoy the rd today. Hope the wind settles down for you tomorrow.

RVD - Enjoy the run today regardless of the distance you choose. So happy that you're able to run today and not still in injury land.

Damaris - Feeling better today? Weird to read about the storm and cold in so many posts and then I read yours about trying to beat the heat and having a tan. LA Marathon, huh? Dh and I actually considered that one for all of a couple hours. A friend wanted to run it with us but we decided we didn't want to travel far for a marathon at this point.  Dh doesn't have time to train anyway.

Marco - Be safe today. Interesting snow drifts on your driveway. Tell the wind to stop making it hard for you to measure your snowfall.

Bad Ass

Breathing is still down but not badly.  Thanks for asking.

Blog