Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/2/2013 (Read 17 times)

jojo61397

SIAR, regular season in FL starts Feb for kids, because summer is too hot to play...

the half is listed under my old name, and it's a PR attempt!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everyone! Great running from everyone today.

I got in 14+ with 11 at MP--did not push it too much because of my 10K tomorrow, but the MP  felt really comfortable, which was nice!

We had some snowflakes during the run (first I've seen this winter) and the Georgia Marathon people had mimosas for us after! Smile

Personals later, got a bunch of stuff to do right now.

The bolded comment does not sit well here!  Other than that, awesome job on the comfortable MP miles.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

SIAR, nice run.

swift, yay at the run.

Jodi, you had an old name?  I'm so confused (and blind) lately....

Mmmm, mimosas.... I was in South Beach, but $20 for a mimosa was not my idea of a good time.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Back from my 14...pretty slow, but that's probably good for me.  It was a little annoying as we were "practicing" drinking by doing little loops and stopping at a water table, but I do think it was useful for people that haven't raced too much.  By the end the cups were just ice though ha.

Scott...16 at MP?  Which MP did you use?  Regardless, that's a kick butt run!  I'd say you're right, you're more than ready.

Slow is a nice change for you my speedy friend. :-)

I tried for 8:55. I only actually hit that once, but I averaged 8:54 so I'll call it a win.

My biggest disappointment is that it didn't take me one second longer to finish.  My time was 2:22:21.  All two's would have been cool.

Off to take care of domestic duties.  I've been a bad forumite of late and haven't been answering many personals.  I'll do better!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hi all!  I've got a pre-race run scheduled today.  It consists of a little hill work and walking, short 1 minute speed bursts and walking, 45 seconds of mp pace and walking.  Or something like that anyway.  The rest of the day will be spent getting all my gear together and dropping ds off at his cousin's house for the night.  Dd had a slumber bday party last night at a friends and will be going home with another of her friends for a sleepover tonight (yeah, she's gonna be a tired, grouchy bear when we get her home).  That way we don't have to worry about kids in the early a.m. as dh is running the 5 mile race tomorrow.  That also means dh and I get to go out for our carbo loading dinner tonight and have a date.  No kids!  Whoop!  Dh also informed me he would prefer I don't take the early start at tomorrow's race.  He wants time to finish his race, go home, shower and get some stuff done before coming back to get me.  So I guess, once again, I'll be one of the last to cross that finish line.  Hopefully not THE last but if I am, oh well.  I'm super stoked for my first wooded trail run though.  Running through the tree's - yippee.

Swift - Good luck at the 10k tomorrow!

SIAR - 14 miles today, 20 tomorrow ... you're an animal! Smile

Jodi - Busy day for you! Good luck tomorrow!!! And good luck at the Derby races.  Ds's car was really slow this year.  He was bummed but happy to have gotten 1st in show.

Julia - Oh the trials of curly hair. I'd have been put off by her attitude too.  Whatever!  Salons always like cutting my curly hair. Too much. I always seem to walk out with weird, large curls and frizz. I'm not skilled enough to cut my own though so I just plan on a shower after a style and cut.  I know how to style my curls, thank you very much. Well, most of the time.  They have their own say sometimes.  Lol.  Don't ya hate when the weather doesn't cooperate with an outfit trial run?

Jackdyll - Have fun tomorrow and good luck!

Marco - Coffee butter? Hmmm ... Good job on your snowy 17 today.

Scott - Great job on your 16. Maybe if you and Julia jump up and down in your corral's you'll be able to spot one another and wave. You know, I've never done a race that required corrals.  Sounds like a fun night of Basketball and I bet a proud moment for you watching them play.

Damaris - 16 miles with gorgeous weather. We don't often hear you say that. Happy for you!

Anxious to hear back from CC regarding how her race went.

Finally PRed!!!

I'm back!

jojo: Enjoy the busy RD--good luck in your half tomorrow, hope you have a great race!

Julia: Hope you had a great 17. That's great that you cut your own hair. Annoying stylist, but if you can do it yourself that's even better.

jack: Hope you had a nice 6. Good luck in your race tomorrow! I think it will be a bit windy here again too.

marco: Great job with your 17 in the snow.

Scott: Nice work with the 16 at MP. Sounds like you are ready.

Docket: Glad you had a good 16 this morning and good weather, that sounds awesome. I was lucky, did not have to pay anything for my mimosa. It was a pleasant surprise, and we got some good eats from Publix also.

SIAR: Nice job with the slow 14. How often did you stop at the table? My run this morning had people handing out cups to us, but I didn't drink at all of them since it was cold out. Was it the snowflakes or the mimosas (or the combination) that bothered you?

Pressing: Enjoy the date with DH tonight. Have a great race tomorrow!

B.S.: Awesome pics from your race, looks like you had a great time!

I did ask the pacer a few questions during the run today. I'm thinking I will sign up to run with the group, figuring I can peel off at some point, if I decide during the race to do my own thing. He paced this same group last year and has a lot of experience as a pacer, and I did get the impression he will do a good job.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

I love Publix.

Yeah, nice weather does not happen often for runners in Miami.  50s, windy, and cloudy.  I thought of taking off my long sleeve (I was getting a bit warm) but every time I tried, a gust would chill me to the bone, LOL.

Blog

Julia1971

I'm not sure why I thought 17 miles would be a walk in the park because today's run was not.  It started out okay (probably because I had the wind at my back for those early miles) but with about 10 miles in, I started to fade.  The wind - 12 mph w/20 mph gusts - picked up and I was struggling to keep pace.  And, I didn't bring any water or gels so I probably pretty depleted fuel-wise.  So, I'm exhausted.  I chugged an Endurox sports drink and 12 oz of Nuun to get some fluids in me.  I've been resting for a couple of hours but need to rally and find some food.

Jack, Enjoy the rest.  Yeah, it was pretty windy out.  Not as bad as the week before last but it could be tough racing conditions tomorrow.  I did the race last year and loved the t-shirt...  I'm not sure I did know they had already sold the race at that point.  But, I do remember the missing mile markers.  Very frustrating.  And, I like, "Get every last second'.  I need to remember to use that.

Marco, Hmmm.  Pancakes.  Maybe I should have breakfast for dinner.

Scott, I'll look for you.  Most of my good friends that are running it are trying to get under 2:00 for the half so I imagine they might be in your corral...  Hope you're recovering from 16 at MP.  That's a tough workout!

D_R, Gorgeous weather and mimosas, huh.  I won't hate. Smile  I'm glad you had a nice run.

SIAR, Did you instruct them not to come to a full stop at the water table?  That would have been a good deed...  No head shot.  Hopefully, I'll see Scott in two-weeks and he can confirm the fabulousness of my hair.  LOL!  From what I remember, I wasn't that rattled.  Except, as Jack and I were recalling, the mile markers were missing and that threw me off a little.

Swift, MP miles on the day before a race.  You're hard core.  Rest up for tomorrow.

Pressing, Have fun on your date!  I know what you mean about the frizz.  So many stylists try to comb or brush mine and I'm wincing as I watch.  Mine have to be left alone to air dry or it becomes a mess.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...I think we went by 4 times for water. It was a little much for 14 miles. Have a great race tomorrow. The snow comment was the one that got me Smile

Julia...sorry about the rough run. At least it's another "last."

Pressing...interesting run. Have a great race tomorrow, and don't stay up too late with the house to yourselves!

Jodi...good luck with the PR half attempt!

Scott...youre gonna have a great race.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Julia...sorry about the rough run. At least it's another "last."

Thanks.  I'm disappointed that it took so much out of me.  I'm just hoping I can recover enough in two-weeks...  I'm not only dealing with "taper madness" but "two-really-hard-training-cycles-that-ended-with-disappointment madness" is also starting to set in.  This race just needs to get here.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jojo61397

D- it's listed under Jodisrunningforautism instead of jojo61397...

Anyone hear from CC, not on FB anymore, so don't know how she did...  Hope she rocked it and got a PR.

Oh and i got back from a pretty nice Expo for a small local race...  Got a new pair of Newtons.  Going to try them again.

SIAR, nice run.

swift, yay at the run.

Jodi, you had an old name?  I'm so confused (and blind) lately....

Mmmm, mimosas.... I was in South Beach, but $20 for a mimosa was not my idea of a good time.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks.  I'm disappointed that it took so much out of me.  I'm just hoping I can recover enough in two-weeks...  I'm not only dealing with "taper madness" but "two-really-hard-training-cycles-that-ended-with-disappointment madness" is also starting to set in.  This race just needs to get here.

You need a second hobby to get you through. How do you feel about painting?

Bad Ass

She finished.

D- it's listed under Jodisrunningforautism instead of jojo61397...

Anyone hear from CC, not on FB anymore, so don't know how she did...  Hope she rocked it and got a PR.

Oh and i got back from a pretty nice Expo for a small local race...  Got a new pair of Newtons.  Going to try them again.

Blog