Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/13/12 (Read 148 times)

PressingOn

I am doing the happy dance to be followed by a happy run.  I found my Garmin!  It was in my closet like I suspected and I even remember placing it there now.  I had put it on a shelf on my dh's side while I was changing out of my running clothes.  His dress shirts hang over that shelf and totally hid the Garmin from view.  When I set it there I thought, "Oh, I'll remember placing it here."  Um yeah, not.  From now on it only gets placed on the charger!

SIAR - Good job on the run.  Are you prepping for a hilly race or just running hills for fun?  I've noticed you've been throwing in some hill work. I try to take wet running clothes directly to the laundry room but often they wind up on the bathroom floor for a bit.  Oops.  

Bad Ass

Good news, PO!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

I'm back killing time while I try not to panic. I "finished" my video. Exported it from my iMac to a portable format, loaded it up on the laptop and was running through it.  This was actually the first time I watched the finished product.  Much to my surprise I accidentally included the "Explicit" version of a song.  It would have been very interesting to have this song playing and dropping F bombs all over the place while we look at pictures of the girls soccer team! 

I quickly got the edited version of the song downloaded and placed in the right spot, but now it's going to take another 30 minutes to render a video and I need to leave in about, oh 30 minutes.  UGH!

So back here for personals so I can keep busy.

Julia - Glad the 13 went well.  Good luck with your MP run this weekend.  You are way, way faster than me!

Jodi - Good work on the 8.  Did all the kiddos make it to school?

hill - I hope the 6 went well. :-)

Mark - 29 sounds miserable to me right now.  I'm just not used to running in those temps yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed for another mild winter here.

CC - Enjoy your last RD before climbing back on the horse!  That's really awesome that you'll have your own pacers for the Houston race!

Damaris - I hope the runS went well!

Joe - BRRRRRRR!  I like the name of that race too.  I've never planned a run to end in a half mile increment before.  I don't know why.

PO - Good work on the 8 and congrats for finding the Garmin that you hid from yourself. ;-)

SIAR - I hate hills. Every hill that was ever born!  I guess that means I need to do some hill work.  Good job on that.  I think you can take your lab coat off for now, but never fear I'm sure I'll hurt something else soon enough.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...great news re Garmin finding! My race actually isn't hilly at all, but Hudson's plan is hill heavy, especially at the beginning. It's supposed to help with avoiding injuries, so that's why I'm trying it. Even my easy runs I've been doing like 500 feet of climb per 10 miles or so: not quite Beth territory, but still hilly. In other news, my dad just gave me a Garmin swim watch. I feel totally undeserving given my lack of skill, but I think it will be a nice tool.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Oh one more thing.  I need a little advice.  My training plan calls for 5 miles tomorrow and then 16 on Saturday.  That would put me at 45 miles for the week.  Considering that I'm just coming off an injury, didn't run for almost a whole week and my average before I started this training plan was about 30 mpw I'm thinking about cutting the 5 to 4 and the 16 to 14.  Thoughts?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...darn you and your cross posting! That's hilarious about the video. In another world you could have left it for laughs, but not today's. I dont mind the hills, so it's not too much torture. You could try some of the hills sprints I'm doing, like 2x8 seconds post run. They are oddly fun. Or just go on hating ha.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Darn you again! Yes, I'd cut it back....if it were me, I'd do the 4 then 12, tops.

Mostly Harmless

Only 12? Next week is a recovery week and the Saturday run is only 12.  Do you think I should switch this weekend for next?

PS - Cross-posting is fun.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...I'd still do the 12, and run a cut-back next week. As you said, your mileage wasn't much more than 30 before. I think with the foot trouble, a couple weeks at that level will only help. You have until March, right? You'll have plenty of time to build, so playing safe is just my recommendation. Hopefully you're good either way.

Just B.S.

This is my 5 second of computer time for today!LOL

Family/friends time and Christmas parties etc have really been limiting my on-line time this week, which is fun

but just wanted to pop in and say HI!!

4 more sleeps until our boy comes home for Christmas!!!! He finished his last exam today and says he aced

all of them! We haven't seen him since he was home in  August so I"m pretty excited.Big grin

Ran Sun, Tues, Wed, off today, running tomorrow!

Hope you are all well and hope to check in tomorrow but I'll be out of town all day so it don't be until evening..

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Julia - that does seem mild. Good for you. Glad the run went well.

PressingOn - Yeah, it was, but I wanted some LT miles in there... it just wasn't in me this AM. But good run none-the-less. AWESOME re finding your Garmin!

SIAR - Usually no sun when I run... this AM held true to that; too early. Yes, that makes a HUGE difference.

Scott - GLAD you CAUGHT THAT!  and... 29 is not fun to me... I have a very hard time with speed work when it's below 30... even higher if there's wind and no sun.  

Scott 2 - How long has it been since you've run?  If I understand that profile I could give my gut reactions. But remember too... EASIER RUNNING is less stress on the body.  A 5 recovery down to a 4 recover is not much of a cut... I would not worry about the 5.  But 16 down to 14 is not a lot of cut... EASIER running will reduce the body stress more than the 2 miles. If it's been over a week, I'd try a 12 GA instead of a 14 MLR. I see SIAR's posts and agree... recover by reduced stress.  I would not to any VO2Max, or LT and even be careful of MLR/LR pace.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

jojo61397

So far the kids have been healthy today-- knock on wood, they both stayed at school.  

On a distinctly negative note, my mom runs a home daycare.  Some of the parents, one set in particular, send their kids to daycare sick.  This dad is unemployed, and he still is sending his kid to daycare sick.  So far she has gotten everyone sick three times.  I hope my mom puts her foot down and tells them off if they attempt to send the kid sick tomorrow.  We are leaving on Thursday to go home one last time (my parents are retiring and moving), and I don't want my last visit to my childhood home to be ruined because my immunocompromised son caught something from a child who could have stayed at home.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Oh one more thing.  I need a little advice.  My training plan calls for 5 miles tomorrow and then 16 on Saturday.  That would put me at 45 miles for the week.  Considering that I'm just coming off an injury, didn't run for almost a whole week and my average before I started this training plan was about 30 mpw I'm thinking about cutting the 5 to 4 and the 16 to 14.  Thoughts?

I would do the 5 as a recovery run and do 12-14 on Saturday.

Second run done.  Some parts were painful but they are done.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Working until 11:00 tonight because I didn't get here until 3.  Took a muscle relaxer before bed and slept a solid 8 hours.  After doing 11 plus in the morning, went to my second funeral in four days, and came to work.

Hope your Thursday has gone well!

PressingOn

8 miles done and it felt great!  Came home to discover two new running skirts in the mail.  Sweet.  Merry early Christmas to me!

Scott - ROFLOL at your explicit song for young soccer players.  Oh my, I can only imagine the looks and comments that would be going around that room had you not caught your error.   As for your schedule, it looks like you got your answer as everyone seems to be in agreement regarding cutting back to around 12 for the long run.  I will concur.  

SIAR - Sweet regarding the swim watch. I'm envious of you now. Smile  Good job on the hills.  I kinda like them.  

Beth - hurray for a visit from ds!  

Jodi - That's annoying regarding the sick kids at daycare. I just said goodbye to my childhood home in Jan. of 2012 when my folks retired and moved. It is bittersweet.  

Okay, off to help dd study for a test in P.E.  Lots of health/fitness questions.  Maybe I'll learn something new!