Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/25/13 (Read 16 times)

Mostly Harmless

Now that was fun! I decided that since the sun was out and it was almost 40 degrees I would wear shorts and run fast.  I did a 1 mile warm-up and then did 5 miles at my fast pace. When I hit the 6 mile mark I decided to see how fast I could run the last two.  Splits:

9:21              
    8:44              
    8:34              
    8:27              
    8:26              
    8:21              
    7:33              
    7:29

CC - It sounds like you are primed and ready to run this weekend! I'm betting SIAR that you'll kill that PR.  *He says you can't do it but I have full confidence in you!

Jen - I'm getting sleepy just thinking about your schedule.  I don't know how you folks do it.  I just can't function for long periods without sleep.  Great job getting your run in this morning and I'm glad everyone made it back uninjured.

RVD - I'm really glad that your hamstring is cooperating.  You're on the home stretch now!

Jodi - Good work! I hope the weather holds!

Julia - Not a whole lot of wind up here and the sun made me feel warm.

* - OK, so he didn't really say that but a little manufactured drama is always fun. Clown

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

I ran 5 this morning, 3 fairly hilly at close to MP with BoMF, slow jogged the other 2 before and after.

Back later for personals, hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Nice job, Scott.  I saw your pace thread but I'll check out your log tonight and comment.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Did 9.56 miles, with 10x10 sec hill sprints at the end, in glorious sunshine! Sadly, the sun won't last.

Scott...that's a killer run! Seeing that, I'm definitely on board with you going out at 3:55 and then dialing it up. See how I'm being nice to you, even when you don't deserve it? Lol

I'll catch the rest of you tonight.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

20 done!!!

10.2 miles on the treadmill

2 miles outside, then downpour

1.2 miles on the treadmill

6.8 miles outside in 30 knot winds.

2 short changes, 2 sports bra changes, 2 shirts, 1 pair of underwear...  I'm beat.

It was brutal, but it's done.  All told averaged a 9:40 min/mile pace too.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

CompetitiveChik

lol...oh, I love you guys.

docket  - geez, I hope it doesn't come back.

Imnotscott and SIAR - I want some of those winnings.

jojo - you are to funny. how many more intervals to go now. lol

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

I agree with Jodi.  Our high today is 86F.  I've changed clothes up to three times during 20 milers.  Humidity, sun and running is never a good combination for clothes.

Blog

jojo61397

I didn't even run outside for most of the run!  It was inside.  But no more intervals Rachel, I'm done Smile.  Taper madness hath begun.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

CompetitiveChik

I didn't even run outside for most of the run!  It was inside.  But no more intervals Rachel, I'm done Smile.  Taper madness hath begun.

lol....I'm in the middle of mine. but only 4 more days till it's over

CompetitiveChik

I don't change clothes. they're just gonna get sweaty, stinky and nasty anyways. I'm usually soaked by mile 3 and to change that many times required too much time for me

Bad Ass

It's not that.  When it's 76 dewpoint the clothes get too wet and the pants start falling.  So I have to change.  our humidity is just too bad.  People say 101% humidity does not exist but I beg to differ.

I don't change clothes. they're just gonna get sweaty, stinky and nasty anyways. I'm usually soaked by mile 3 and to change that many times required too much time for me

Blog

Mostly Harmless

I've stopped to change socks and shoes before when i was running muddy trails. Other than that, I just go with it.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

I don't do it often, but I always prepare the sets to change if necessary.  It only takes me 2 minutes and boy am I ever grateful I did it.

Blog

thinkin about glory days

Hi Julia, Jodi, Docket, JenRosie, Scott, CC, SIAR, RVDowning, NTSwift--

It has been a rough couple of weeks at work, which has not been good for my running or my participation in this forum (those two things always seem to go hand-in-hand).  It also doesn't help the my TM died...for good this time.  But I now have a streak of 2 days going!  Hopefully, I can keep that up.

How has everyone else been?  I know that many of you had some big races in the last couple of weeks.  I look forward to going back and looking for some race reports.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Played 9 holes of golf as the sun went down...headed to play basketball at the church here in a bit. I'm praying that I don't get injured.

Hill...great to see you back again. I hope things calm down for you and the weather let's you get some more miles in without the TM being available.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)