Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 1/6/13 (Read 167 times)

Finally PRed!!!

jackdyl: great job on your 18, and very nice mileage. The article explaining McMillan's position on fueling in LRs is here:

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/articlePages/article/2

The other one I read more recently is one that came to me in an email--I'll check a little later and see if I can find a link to it.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...that link was funny. It did make me feel better.

swift...definitely lots of information on all sides. I do think it's better to be informed and learn through trial and error as opposed to being ignorant of it all. Although, that last option is way easier.

Marco..nice work on the chilly 10.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

Got in 6.5 miles. Much faster than it felt. 8:51 pace. It was just too beautiful outside not to take advantage of it. Its been rainy all week. Today was clear, sunny skies, highs in the 50's and very little wind

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

I ended up doing 14 miles on my own.  It was a beautiful day out so I felt very energized.  I was good for about 10 of those miles, struggled for maybe 2, and then was fine again.  I managed a quick shower and then met up with my friend.  I drank quite a few beers since I'm massively dehydrated at this point.  The Ravens won.  Smile  But, the Redskins lost.  Sad  Now, I'm looking forward to the next season of the Biggest Loser.  I find the show very motivational and am a big Jillian fan.  I listen to her podcasts and she's not as evil as she seems on t.v.

CC, sounds like a busy day for you!  Nice job on the cross training and that's a really good pace for 6.5 miles.  Hope you enjoyed it.

Jack, nice job on the 18 and the overall mileage for the week.  Are you following a plan or just playing it by ear?

Just B.S., glad you got your run in before the snow.

Marco, you and Just B.S. are my winter weather heros.

SIAR, I think you'll be fine.  You were on a streak, right?  So, your body might respond well to the rest.

D_R, hope you're feeling better.

Swift, I haven't read much about carb depletion.  I'm going to try to remember to read more about that based on what you wrote.

Scott, hope you enjoyed the rest day.  It was nice out with the sunshine.  I was wishing I had sunglasses.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I did my 9 with 4 @ HMP and at a good pace, so I definitely feel better.

Hope everybody has a nice night.  Off to finish dinner!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

Just got done with my 18. My legs felt pretty good - they only really started to get tired in the last mile.  That makes 76 for the week, a pretty decent week 1 of 18.  I'm pretty sure I haven't been over 75 miles a week in 2 years, probably since I got through my Boston 2010 training.

Just BS - Good job on the 11 in the snow.  Not to be mean to you and Marco, but it was almost 50 degrees here in Northern Va today.  Perfect shorts weather!

So cruel!!LOL Great week of running! My hubby ran Boston in 2010. That what when I decided (after 16 halfs

that I should finally give the full a shot)!

Julia, thanks. ut really you should just pity us!LOL

Off to bed. Up bright and early for the pool!!

jackdyl11

Julia - I'm sorta following a plan. I do trackworkouts with a group on tues and thurs.  We run the same type of intervals, but vary the workout based on goals/mileage/etc. Tuesday is usually shorter intervals (this week's 5x1200 would usually be a Tuesday) and thursday is usually a tempo/Fartlek, sometimes with hills. I ramped up my long runs in the last few weeks so I could start with a good long run, and then add in a decent number of longer progression runs.  The rest of the week I set so that my mileage grows slowly from where I built it in the last few weeks. I'm planning to peak at 90, and average 75.  If anyone wants to take a crack at my "plan" I really definitely appreciate it!