Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Triple Digits (Read 153 times)

purrx3

Have you thought about Secret Santa for him?  I used to put out a little mail box out for DD and then each day I would place a little something or other (cute pens or pencils, hair ribbon, earrings or whatever.  This made it fun for both of us.  She now does it for DGS and he seems to like it also.

Don't call me Buttercup!

That's a cute idea!   He's finally stopped asking. LOL  

How is everyone this week?  Doing anything fun? =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Hi All, 

So looking forward to the end of this week.   I was going to take most of this week off...but that did not happen work is too busy.  Haven't gotten in much running, I really need to get my behind up in the morning and run before work or it won't happen.  Bah humbug.   Hoping the week and 1/2 off for the holiday will get me back on track.   

You can call me Anna

purrx3

Happy Holidays to all and may you run like the wind throughout the next year!

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hey, all! I hope you had a nice holiday, whatever you celebrate!

I am just getting back into the swing of things after a week of family and travel and crazily excited small children who now have WAY TOO MANY TOYS!  LOL

Anybody get anything fun for Christmas?  All my gifts were running or food related.  I think people have figured me out. =)

Also, apologies for the big goose egg I put up this week.  There was just no way to get any running in, and I figured I'm 'allowed' a week off. I'm back on track as of today, I promise!

Di, Welcome Back!

Hope everyone had a good holiday.  Tomorrow is my last day of vacation Cry.  But I had a really good running week.  December was my best month since May.

Have a happy new year.  Here's to everyone accomplishing their goals in 2013 - running or otherwise.

You can call me Anna

Don't call me Buttercup!

Happy New Year, everybody!  I started 2013 off by getting a good run in, customizing my running log here on RA, and setting up an 18 week schedule for myself since I have a 10 miler and a HM coming up.  Good times.  Now I just need to get out there and go!

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself! I am a late comer to the miles game, and just got put on this team!! My name is Kristi, I am 26 and have been running regularly since last September.  Yes not a long time at all.  I have ran 2 5k since then and I have a 4 mile race scheduled for February 2nd.  I have signed up for my first 1/2 in April and I am building mileage/training for that race.  Currently I run just shy of 20 miles per week, I am hoping to get that closer to 25 before really starting a training plan! I am incredibly slow, average pace about 11:30 mm but I am running for fun, not to win any races!! So anyway nice to meet you all!!

KristiCool

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hi, Kristi, and welcome!

Kristi - Welcome.

To answer your question, Di.

I'm looking forward to an injury free 2013.   I'm hoping to do my first Marathon in October and I just scheduled a half in August - here's to hoping the leg holds up.   Also, looking forward to a trip to Hawaii in the summer.

Hoping to lose that last 30 lbs before the Hawaii trip and before Marathon training starts.

You can call me Anna

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hawaii sounds awesome!  The marathon sounds terrifying. LOL  Good luck with the weight loss - I'm back to watching calories again since I gained back a few pounds at the end of 2012.  Need the numbers on the scale to go DOWN, not up!

It's Sunday, end of the week - don't forget to post your miles, everyone!

Also, if you're in the 2013in2013 game, the posting post for that is up, too! =)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Way to go hfox!! (Sorry, I don't know your name).  Top of the leaderboard this week - well done! =)

clintmorningwood

Just moved from available to Triple Digits!

I am just getting back into running after coming out of a break from my 3 month slump in the fall.

2 miles last week

Starting very slowly so i dont mentally crash again. This week has been a few 2 mile runs without the watch. Planning the same for next week and then I go to 3/4 of my normal volume (~40mpw)

Just moved from available to Triple Digits!

I am just getting back into running after coming out of a break from my 3 month slump in the fall.

2 miles last week

Starting very slowly so i dont mentally crash again. This week has been a few 2 mile runs without the watch. Planning the same for next week and then I go to 3/4 of my normal volume (~40mpw)

Welcome, onirocdarb.   Good luck ramping back up slowly.  Was the slump due to injury?  Or did you just take a break from running?   Either way I hope you are able to get back in the groove.

You can call me Anna

clintmorningwood

I wouldn't call it an injury, but I just kept getting slower. In September I was struggling to improve and got a bit slower by the end of the month. In October I was slowing down a considerable amount, ending with a time 2 and a half minutes slower than my pr. I had another flat race in the beginning of december and ended up running 6 minutes slower than my worst in October. That was the end of it for me. Glad to start up with a clean slate.