Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

MILES GAME Posting Link and Some Info (Read 564 times)

Miles Game Site

The Miles Game is a friendly, laid back competition founded in the RWOL Beginners Forum.  The game offers a  fun way to motivate your running and a chance to get to know people in a small group setting (aka the team thread or FB group). Teams consist of both low and high mileage runners. Weekly posting of mileage is all that is required. All are welcome. 

To get started, follow the link above.  Sign up for an account using your main posting ID (either from Runner's World or Running Ahead).  Then post your weekly miles.  You can track miles from Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat, whichever time frame you prefer, as long as you consistently use the same time frame. 

When you first begin posting, you will be assigned to Team Available.  Continue to post weekly, and you will be assigned to a team when there is an open spot.  Those posting the longest on team available will be assigned first.  Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes a few weeks.  Please be patient. 

Keep in mind that this is for fun and motivation.  Most teams are happy to see their members posting faithfully, whether they are posting high mileage or low. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Updates will be posted both here in this user group and on the Runners World Beginners Forum.  If your team chooses to post mainly on the RA site, we ask that you please use this forum for your team thread.  Doing so will make your team thread easier to find.   It will be up to each team to decide upon which forum to base itself. 

Please feel free to post any questions in this thread. 

I just signed up for the mileage log using the link you provided. I am excited about starting this game, its on. Let me know if there is anything else i need to do or just sit back and wait while i log my jog.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

aplodder

Susan

I just signed up for the mileage log using the link you provided. I am excited about starting this game, its on. Let me know if there is anything else i need to do or just sit back and wait while i log my jog.

Welcome to the game!  Just be sure to post your miles each week.  They will show up under "Team Available" until you are assigned to a team. (It will probably only take a week or two for you to be assigned.)

I posted my run and can't see where it went. Where do I see the team available run posts

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

aplodder

Susan

You just need to post your weekly miles.  Right now, we're posting miles from last week.  You can either post your total from Sun-Sat or Mon-Sun from last week, whichever you prefer.  You can see them by clicking the "Show All Teams" option in the drop-down menu.

clintmorningwood

How do i know what team I am on? The posting site says available.

aplodder

Susan

How do i know what team I am on? The posting site says available.

Hi.   You will be "available" until you are assigned to a team-probably in the next week or two.  Keep an eye on the team changes thread, as Bob announces new team assignments there.  Please keep posting your miles each week to remain eligible for team assignment.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Hi.   You will be "available" until you are assigned to a team-probably in the next week or two.  Keep an eye on the team changes thread, as Bob announces new team assignments there.  Please keep posting your miles each week to remain eligible for team assignment.

Yes - Once you're on Team: Available, please remember to keep posting your miles each week.  Otherwise we're likely to lose track of you and you won't get assigned to a team.

I felt the whole world was so jive 

clintmorningwood

Ah, I didn't know i had to do that, I will be sure to do it this week.

Thank you for the timely reply!

Nuinta

Hi everyone,

I just signed on for the miles game, it's asking for miles for the week of 20130119.  Is that for the week ENDING on the 19th or STARTING on the 19th?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi everyone,

I just signed on for the miles game, it's asking for miles for the week of 20130119.  Is that for the week ENDING on the 19th or STARTING on the 19th?

Ending on the 19th assuming a Sun-Sat week or ending on the 20th if you use a Mon-Sun week.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nuinta

Thanks!