Running Readers

Marathon Woman (Read 748 times)

Almost done! Having to read it in pieces. I think Kathy was the one who first started the running in skirts trend! Although it might sound funny about being told that your uterus would fall out if you ran...I remember when I was in 6th grade - we all loved playing Red Rover at recess. Teacher came out and told the girls we shouldn't play, because we might get "damaged" and not be able to have babies. Funny how they didn't seem to be concerned about nut damage.... Confused

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, I STILL need to finish this...I have only a couple more chapters to go, but I keep putting it off. It's a good book, but I can't help but find myself critical of some of her writing and the editing...misspelled words, awkward phrasing, use of the phrase "I could care less," which isn't even the proper phrase (should be "I COULDN'T care less"). How is it that she was a Journalism major?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

use of the phrase "I could care less," which isn't even the proper phrase (should be "I COULDN'T care less")
        Ooh, I HATE that one. The worst part is almost everyone gets this one wrong. A vast majority of people get it wrong. *snerk* I hate the phrase "vast majority." A majority is defined >50%. How can that be vast? It's either a majority, or it's not. "Vast majority" is a vague, misleading term. What's vast? 60%? 70%? 80% Just use a damn number and be clear about it. /Read Strunk and White a few too many times

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Bugs

A great book.

Bugs

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My husband gave me this book as part of my anniversary gift last month. I think it took me about four days to read it. Her dedication to opening the sport up to women was phenomenal. Was anyone else find it really interesting how basic gear was? Now it's a million dollar industry, but then the shoes were nothing special. Even shoes have changed so much!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.